Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a letter today about a Customer Satisfaction Program for people with a Traverse that live in states where temps get down lower than -5 degrees F. Says the power brake assist may be temporarily reduced in temps from -5 to -49F. Continues on to say, In these cold temps, the opening of one or both of the power brake booster vacuum check values may be delayed resulting in reduced power brake assist.

Says the dealers will fix it at no charge until 6/30/2010. Getting this fixed is not required unless you live in or plan on travelling to areas with these temps.

I'm not one to leave something known about unfixed...so I'll be bringing mine in for this on the next visit.

-Joe

·
Registered
113 Posts
lmfao...you have GOT to be kidding!!!????

That qualifies ALL of CANADA!!!! WHere the **** is our recall???

Medman

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got the same letter yesterday. Mine is going in next week for an oil change and the brake recall so i will ask them to fix it then.

·
Registered
185 Posts
FYI - I just took mine in for an oil change (using my oil and filter supplied) and verified with service that there are no recalls for my vehicle (build date of 02/2009).

·
Registered
46 Posts
I got this optional-recall letter also. At that extreme cold temperature, I would rather stay home; there is no need to have it fixed.

·
Registered
110 Posts
It's fairly rare where I live, but not completely out of the question for the temp to go to -5F. I never got a letter. Can I still get it fixed without the "golden ticket"?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just took delivery of my '09 2LT last Saturday. The service guy told me about the check valve issue so I'm waiting for the part to show up....

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
interesting title....
But Toyota is notorious for pulling this kind of thing...
They dont call it a recall... they give it some other name to make it sound nice....
If I remember correctly--- GM had to issue a RECALL...guess what the problem was???

The manual was missing a few pages... It was something trivial.....

Ive read of some stuff on toyotas-- that I thought were significant-- yet they called it something else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts