Traverse Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Engine rating is really just a portion of the tow capacity. The Lambda is a bigger chassis then the C1X the new Acadia is going to, so there are probably other considerations there.

Or it could be GM wants you to pony up big bucks for a Yukon instead.

·
Registered
11,038 Posts
the engine is up to it most likely-- the limitation is the vehicles smaller size and new 'chassis' and maybe trans specs, tires, brakes/rotor

my Equinox has the 3.6 with 310 HP.. but is rated at 3500 lbs.. the same Nox with the I4 is 1500 lbs.

·
Registered
324 Posts
It appears that GM wants to have a direct competitor for the Explorer, so some boosted engines at some point seems likely.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
They shrunk the Arcadia. As a result it's a less stable tow platform. Reducing the tow capacity makes sense.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Took my 2 week old Traverse in to have the molded assist steps put on. They had a 2017 Acadia in the showroom.

I wasn't really impressed. For a supposedly "new model" it looked a lot like the old one. Some downers, to me at least:

1. The deep storage in the console aft of the cup holders is gone, replaced by a DEEP storage accessed by lifting the center arm rest. No coin tray.

2. The center arm rest doesn't slide fore and aft. (It can't 'cause the storage is soooo deep.)

3. Third row seats fold down 50-50 instead of 40-60.

4. Radio looks just like the one in my 2016 Silverado 2500HD. Nothing new there.

5. There was a lever at the top outside of the 2nd row seats (the "bench seat," not the capt's chairs), which I ASSUMED you used to flip and move the seat forward to access the 3rd row. But it didn't seem to do anything. (Maybe I wasn't using it right?)

6. Front center vents are vertical and on each side of the radio, rather than across the top of the radio. I already know my wife doesn't like that, as my Silverado is similar.

7. The covered storage bin on top of the dash is replaced with a large open storage under the radio. Mixed emotions on this one.

Sorry they're all downers, but nothing really turned me on, like "Wow, I wish I had THAT!"

·
Registered
18 Posts
greentraverse said:
Took my 2 week old Traverse in to have the molded assist steps put on. They had a 2017 Acadia in the showroom.

I wasn't really impressed. For a supposedly "new model" it looked a lot like the old one. Some downers, to me at least:

5. There was a lever at the top outside of the 2nd row seats (the "bench seat," not the capt's chairs), which I ASSUMED you used to flip and move the seat forward to access the 3rd row. But it didn't seem to do anything. (Maybe I wasn't using it right?)

Sorry they're all downers, but nothing really turned me on, like "Wow, I wish I had THAT!"
Re #5, I was in a GMC dealer looking at the new Acadia, it seems the passenger side (curb side) seat slides further up then the drivers side. Salesman explained their thinking that most people enter on the curb side so extra space is given to that one. Not sure what side you were trying...I'm on my 3rd. road trip to Florida with my '14 Denali, it IMO is almost perfect, spacious, comfortable, QUIET, enough power, one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. Driving in Port Canaveral yesterday I was behind a GMC, I thought it was the new redesigned Terrain. Drove up closer to get a look, it was the new Acadia, I was amazed how small, especially narrow it is. My lease is up in August, they've already contacted me about lease-end options. I'm sure they'd like to get me into a new Acadia ASAP but I'm not sure, so small, no HUD, less towing capacity (I tow a bike trailer), lower safety ratings, no folding power mirrors (which I use often), no turn signals on the mirrors and it looks like the same or more MSRP, less for more. I really like the look of the new Traverse, I'm probably gonna wait until they're at the dealer and take a good long look at them. Really disappointed in the new Acadia...

·
Registered
854 Posts
odypilots said:
It appears that GM wants to have a direct competitor for the Explorer, so some boosted engines at some point seems likely.
I'll be surprised if a turbo V-6 makes it into the XT5/Acadia/Enclave/Traverse anytime soon. Sure, you can get a 2.0 turbo in the FWD 2018 RS Traverse, but, in my opinion, it's squarely aimed at the around town grocery getter crowd. And if a turbo V-6 ever happens, where does the trickle-down start? Probably with Cadillac.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts