Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
I'm not impressed.

I hope they don't shrink the Traverse, but my guess is, it will come soon.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Quantum said:
I'm not impressed.

Reviewing '17 Acadia specs, the wheelbase, overall length and width are almost exactly the same as a TrailBlazer.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
The GM site clearly says they're aiming for the "mid-size" SUV market; so clearly they're not going after Traverse/"old Acadia" people.

Maybe they know something we don't?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Quantum said:
I'm not impressed.

They won't, Traverse/Enclave will stay the same size. Acadia shrunk to match the new XT5 and have a better mid-sized entry. Buick/GMC tend to be combined dealerships so having the Acadia and Enclave on the same lot was somewhat redundant. That said it might have been a better idea to rename it as a new SUV rather then keep the Acadia name since returning customers expecting a large CUV are in for a surprise.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Here's my thoughts. The pics I saw of the Acadia All Terrain model did not show the third row, nor some of the optional safety equipment that was on the Denali. I think the models we saw introduced will replace both the Acadia and Terrain, with the All Terrain model being the 5 passenger replacement for the old Terrain and the Acadia SLT and Denali replacing the old Acadia. Remember last summer or fall GM said they had plans to make a new Chevy 3 row vehicle that would fit between Equinox and Traverse, but share the same platform as the next Traverse. I think GM moved the Acadia out of Lansing and to Spring Hill, TN in order to free up the production space for that new 3 row Chevy. I for one don't believe the new Traverse is going to look like the new shortened Acadia. I do think that new 3 row Chevy will though. Again, just my thoughts. Should be an exciting next 12 months with new model intro's.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
while the new Traverse -- or a Chevy 8 passenger vehicle is released---(that is not a Tahoe/suburban=== super expensive)
and add 2 model yrs so that the bugs and gremlins are worked out.....

Ill happily drive the current Traverse another 100,000 miles.....
it may be replaced around 200,000 .....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't think it will fit my plans. I looked seriously at the 6/7 passenger Hyundai Santa Fe last year before buying the 2015 Traverse LT. The Santa Fe was just too small to replace the Traverse, plus since I got 15% for it being one of the oldest in stock it was actually a couple of thousand less. I considered the Santa Fe since I had used a Hyundai Elantra as a daily commuter for about 3.5 year. Nice small car.

BUT, I bought a 2008 Saturn Outlook in August 2008. Love it. I drove it part time for awhile then my wife started driving it when her 2004 Envoy XL starting giving her problems. I want something large enough for adults/teenagers to ride in the third row, if I'm going to have a vehicle with a third row. The Outlook and Traverse both fit that requirement. I don't think the new Acadia will, so if the Enclave and Traverse downsize anytime soon, they may be out of the picture as well. I don't want to move up to a Yukon/Tahoe size/cost vehicle, so might have to look at other vehicles.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Having looked at the 2016 T......I'm really liking the improvements.....but the wife is taken with the Equinox.....Dam.....

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Rocky said:
Having looked at the 2016 T......I'm really liking the improvements.....but the wife is taken with the Equinox.....Dam.....
No rear heat/AC in the Equinox (at least not in the older ones)?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Is the start/stop technology only on the 4cyl? They started using that on the 2014 Malibu. I will not buy any model that has it.

·
Registered
495 Posts
velocity5 said:
Is the start/stop technology only on the 4cyl? They started using that on the 2014 Malibu. I will not buy any model that has it.
GM seems to be pretty good about having a button right on the dash to disable it. Other point is on the newer CTS/ATS with start/stop, GM became the first mfg to use ultracapacitors to provide the starting current and reportedly the system is far smoother and more transparent then most. Will be interesting to see if this trickles down into the other GM brands.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Apparently production of the new Arcadia has started according to some reports. It's price tag and weight loss mask a much smaller vehicle.
When I heard it's getting a four cylinder thought we'd be looking at a Ford style Turbo but we aren't.

C'mon Chevy release the Traverse details.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Here is a link to an article regarding the price for the new smaller Acadia. Below the link is a copy of a post I made on the Acadia board regarding the noted prices in the article.

http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/general-motors/2016/02/16/gmc-acadia-price/80449072/

Wont be too long before 84 month payments will be the standard for many buyers!

The base price for the most affordable SL front-wheel drive version is $1,905 less than the comparable 2016 model, but prices are significantly higher for the SLE and SLT trim packages.

The premium Acadia Denali will start at $45,845 for front-wheel drive. The all-wheel drive Denali will start at $47,845.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
velocity5 said:

That is exactly why I bought one of the last '13s instead of the '14 Malibu with start/stop, extra battery, electric pumps to circulate water in the Winter, no A/c when crawling in traffic, and a load of extra crap to go wrong. And one may wish they had that extra second or so needed to restart the motor when stopped at a light and glance in the rearview mirror and see an 18 wheeler coming with it's horn blaring and brakes smoking.

And as far as the 4 cyl. GM scheduled for the '17 Acadia/Traverse, GM will likely pull the same crap as with my '15 Camaro when introducing the new gen '16 model. My '15 came with the 330 hp version of the Traverses 3.6l V6 but the new '16 comes with a 2.0l turbo 4.... in addition to a $1000+ boost in the MSRP for essentially the same model, their previous stock V6 is now a $1495 option.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Thomcat said:
stock V6 is now a $1495 option.
in 2013- GM offered the 3.6 V6 in the Equinox/Terrain.
The previous V6 was the 3.0.

The 'normal' engine is the 2.4.... (too small I think for the Nox)...

I thought the 2.4 was too noisy (from units parked next to me at traffic lights)--- and I guess I was right- because these units come with Noise canceling subwoofers/speakers in the vehicle....
No such noise canceling in the V6.

The 3.6 was a $1500 option.. which I paid for. Pleased I got it. (the engine was packaged with the 'upper' level Pioneer system with a Subwoofer... for base.. not for noise canceling.

·
Registered
295 Posts
With the V-6 engine, the Acadia is estimated to tow up to 4,000 pounds with the available towing package.

I'd like to know how a V6 motor that now has 310 hp vs. 288 hp can only tow 4000 lbs.

Oh I think I get it now - they want you to buy a truck to tow or something that costs more so they make more profit?

I think I'll pass on getting another Acadia - but if they are not changing the Traverse then I bet the
Traverse will out sell the others by a long shot - especially if someone wants to tow anything. JMO

1 - 20 of 27 Posts