Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the dealer- they had a 2LT with the California Edition package.
So it had the dual exhaust and the 20 inch rims.
I took it for a test drive.........
My 1st impression---- I was very surprissed at how quiet the engine started up. (I thought my 03 Trailblazer was quiet when I 1st got it in 02).
But the vehicle was very smooth... very impressed with that. Once again- I thought my TB was smooth..I guess not- with that truck chassis.
Then I hit a few dips and bumps in the road----- that I felt.
I was a little dissapointed that I felt that much. My TB- I think I feel less of those.
I think I can attribute it to the large 20 inch rims-- and the low profile tires.
I think my TB has 17 inch rims- and tires that are obvioulsy thick on the sidewall....so it helps absorb the bumps..
THey didnt have model with the 18's....
But I think Ill pass on the 20's and get the 18's...
Any of you other guys find this to be true?

I mean- 20's are nice looking-- but I want less road feel from the tires.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had an '02 Envoy SLT (17" rims) which I just traded in for a Traverse 2LT with the 18 inch rims. The Traverse, even with the 18's still has a much firmer ride than the Envoy. The Envoy always had a much softer feel, but it didn't handle nearly as well as the Traverse.

The firmness of the Traverse is the tradeoff for better handling, which I will gladly take. It is more of a European feel, than the classic American floating boat. I always said the the Envoy drove like a Cadillac. I haven't noticed any "thumping" over highway strips, but you will notice more bumps that your Trailblazer used to wallow over. The Envoy was a huge leap forward from the previous Jimmy, and in terms of refinement, the Traverse is an even greater leap ahead of the Envoy and Trailblazer.

I haven't driven the Traverse with the 20's, so I can't say how much of a difference the 20's will make, but even with the 18's you are going to notice a much firmer ride than your Trailblazer.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your Envoy had the air ride suspension right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts