Traverse Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been able to get help from this forum in the past by reading old posts, but I haven't found a solution for this one yet. I have a 2014 Traverse with 63,000 miles

My engine temperature gauge intermittently stops working (bottoms out, doesn't move) and along with that, the A/C shuts off. The problem is very intermittent. Sometimes it is when I start the car and at various times during a drive. When I shut the car off, the fan continues to run for a little bit. Once the fan stops and I restart, everything is back to normal.

I just had the thermostat and the coolant temperature sensor replaced, but it is still doing the same thing. Is there another possible cause that I should look into or is it likely a bad replacement sensor (AC Delco)?

Thanks for the help.

Adam

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you find an answer? Tonight I got a check engine light, my temp gauge doesn't move on a 30 min drive, and after I arrive home engine continues to run for a short period of time. Got a P0128 code when I got the code checked. The O'Reilly scanner says thermostat or coolant temp sensor. Due to no temp gauge I would assume temp sensor, but then again we all know what assume does... OP, is this similar to your issue? Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been able to get help from this forum in the past by reading old posts, but I haven't found a solution for this one yet. I have a 2014 Traverse with 63,000 miles

My engine temperature gauge intermittently stops working (bottoms out, doesn't move) and along with that, the A/C shuts off. The problem is very intermittent. Sometimes it is when I start the car and at various times during a drive. When I shut the car off, the fan continues to run for a little bit. Once the fan stops and I restart, everything is back to normal.

I just had the thermostat and the coolant temperature sensor replaced, but it is still doing the same thing. Is there another possible cause that I should look into or is it likely a bad replacement sensor (AC Delco)?

Thanks for the help.

Adam
Adam i have a 2014 traverse with 58k and having the same issues, were you able to come to a solution??

·
Registered
3,349 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
file:///C:/Users/bcele/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp1_Enclave08-10.zip/Buick%20Enclave%2008-10%20Factory%20Service%20Repair%20Manual/2009-2010%20-%20Service%20Manual/Engine%20Controls%20and%20Fuel%20-%203.6L.pdf

I guess that you can copy and past the link , the replacement procedure for the engine Coolant sensor. This is for a 2008 so it may vary from a 2014,2015.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For those experiencing this issue, was it a faulty/failing temperature coolant sensor or a bad ECM or something else? We have experienced the issue about 4 times now, very intermittent and spread out over the past couple months.

·
Registered
880 Posts
There have been a few A/C issues lately with 6 blinks and no A/C, Some with Fans running long time after engine shut off and Some with CEL, Bad coolant Sensor.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks for the help.

Adam
Hey did you find the answer to this one I’m going through the same thing.

·
Registered
2011 Chevy traverse fwd
7 Posts
Hey did you find the answer to this one I’m going through the same thing.
I'm having the same issue. Bought a new thermostat but now thinking it's a sensor issue. Also I read about water intrusion in the fuse panels and some connections. Seems to be a wide spread issue with people. Mines a 2011 with 120k on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks for the help.

Adam

Thanks for the help.

Adam
I suggest put a different quality brand coolant temperature sensor , I have exact the same problem and that was my solution .
I used” Standar “product red box.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks for the help.

Adam
I JUST GOT HELP FROM A GUY, who knows someone with an equinox. Turns out the problem was fixed by replacing and over insulating the contact area of the positive battery cable that comes in contact with the exhaust, that melts off the normal insulation on the cable. Our batteries are all positioned in the floor of our vehicles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts