Traverse Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
2019 Traverse - anyone have an issues with the system losing connection once in a while? I tapped the rear usb for switched power and f15 for constant (Garmin park hardwire system). I used the ground at the passenger foot area.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
2019 Traverse - anyone have an issues with the system losing connection once in a while? I tapped the rear usb for switched power and f15 for constant (Garmin park hardwire system). I used the ground at the passenger foot area.

Like a camera reboot? Mine will due to heat but that’s it. Power is always fine just a HW issue with the camera it’s self.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

Okay I swapped cameras and I now know what you are taking about. It seems to be related to the auto-stop feature. I am going to look at another fuse to tap into. This might be one of those down falls of the auto-stop feature since the power in the system does take a hit. So that transient spike might just be to much for some cameras like the one I swapped into the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Getting ready to add some stuff to my '17. Has anyone had any success with a switched fuse under the hood or behind the glove box?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Getting ready to add some stuff to my '17. Has anyone had any success with a switched fuse under the hood or behind the glove box?
17’s are different than 18+. There is another thread on here that shows where you can tie into switched power under the hood.

·
Registered
7 Posts
17’s are different than 18+. There is another thread on here that shows where you can tie into switched power under the hood.
I have searched and searched and cannot find this thread. I am also trying to find switched power for my 2017. Tried almost every fuse in the passenger box to no avail.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'll add that on my 2017 I ended up having to go to the main fuse panel under the hood. There's a fuse labeled spare that goes on and off with the key. I carefully ran it up through the passenger side under the body panels (mine had some sound deadening material so it will keep the cable protected. Not ideal but it works.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It’s the Rear USB fuse in the front fuse block. Turns power on when car is is in on or run. Works great. I grounded my cable to a grounding point on the passenger side behind the panel next to the door.
Thanks to Prix1967. This post was super helpful. My '22 Redline is now dash-cammed!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts