Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm always pleased when I find an unadvertised and unexpected feature in a new car which shows good thought by the designer. For example, on my '06 Impala SS, in daytime the running lights will turn on automatically shortly after a few strokes of the wipers. I have yet to test this on the Traverse.

Here's another one I discovered today on our Traverse. It was very hot outside and the automatic AC was struggling to cool the car with the fan going full speed. We received a phone call through the hands free system and the fan immediately went to slow speed so we could hear the call. As soon as the call was ended, the fan went back to full speed. Ain't that neat!

What other neat features have you guys found?

·
Registered
34 Posts
MartinC said:
I'm always pleased when I find an unadvertised and unexpected feature in a new car which shows good thought by the designer. For example, on my '06 Impala SS, in daytime the running lights will turn on automatically shortly after a few strokes of the wipers. I have yet to test this on the Traverse.

Here's another one I discovered today on our Traverse. It was very hot outside and the automatic AC was struggling to cool the car with the fan going full speed. We received a phone call through the hands free system and the fan immediately went to slow speed so we could hear the call. As soon as the call was ended, the fan went back to full speed. Ain't that neat!

What other neat features have you guys found?
The AC fan speed also slows down as you go faster. I assume this is normal and to save energy.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I noticed on the rear window defroster that the heat strips (or whatever their called), are more condensed under where the wiper blade rests (squiggly lines instead of strait). For those of us in the north who drive in the snow this is a really nice touch. I don't know how many times I turned on the rear wiper and just had a clump of ice and snow scrape over the back window.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't know what the rims on my 2LT are coated with, but whatever it is, the dirt EASILY wipes off with a damp cloth. I don't plan on ever using any wheel cleaner on them.

My EZpass transmitter works when stored inside the storage bin on top of the dash.

I didn't expect the voice prompts for the Bluetooth. That was definitly a pleasant surprise for me. Now if I can just get my Blackberry to stop crashing!

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
on our 07 impala with the machined aluminum wheels- they too are coated with something. somekind of clearcoat...
it makes cleaning them really easy with a damp rag...
But If you leave the dirt/brake dust on too long--- I think it can stain the coating...
When washing the car-- I will sometimes spray simple green on the rims- let it soak in for a bit--- and then hose off--- and then clean with a rag--- or Ill spray simple green and clean off with rags.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Gibby said:
I noticed on the rear window defroster that the heat strips (or whatever their called), are more condensed under where the wiper blade rests (squiggly lines instead of strait). For those of us in the north who drive in the snow this is a really nice touch. I don't know how many times I turned on the rear wiper and just had a clump of ice and snow scrape over the back window.
That is a great feature and so are the on piece solid wiper blades with no nook and cranies for the ice to get stuck in.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I love the 3 flashes on a quick signal flip. That way to change lanes you just tap the turn signal rather than holding it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Narg said:
I love the 3 flashes on a quick signal flip. That way to change lanes you just tap the turn signal rather than holding it.
I just discovered this on a trip last week. Of course, I found it after driving for 11 hours of 12, but can't wait to use it in the future.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I just read in the manual today that the third row seats are removable. You have to remove a couple of bolts for each seat and they come right out.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Also yesterday I found by accident that if you turn the key to start it for a second and let it go the car keeps cranking until it starts on it own. Almost like a push button start. I did this quite a few times yesterday.

·
Registered
994 Posts
A few times I have restarted the car not realizing it was already idling and no usual screetch of the starter.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
kawazar said:
Also yesterday I found by accident that if you turn the key to start it for a second and let it go the car keeps cranking until it starts on it own. Almost like a push button start. I did this quite a few times yesterday.
yup- the key turn simply sends signal to the computer-- the computer then does the cranking on its own.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
copperbeech said:
A few times I have restarted the car not realizing it was already idling and no usual screetch of the starter.
I remember this was implemented on the Trailblazers- dont know if it had been used on other GM models...
the engine being an inline 6--- smooth engine--- was quiet.. that engineers and testers were grinding the starter thinking the engine was off....
they added this feature- of not being able to crank if engine on....

·
Registered
272 Posts
When I first took the Traverse for a test ride I couldn't tell when it was running or when it started it was so smooth. Nice feature. So if you were to hold the key in the start position would it stop cranking after it started or can you hold it like in the old days and keep the starter engaged even after it started? Just curious, didn't want to try it LOL.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
I believe the key turn simply sends the signal to the computer-- and it does the rest.

If you have not noticed... you can turn your visors--- and extend them by pulling them to the side....
(on my 2010- theres little arrows by the visor--- I mention this because on the trailblazer forums- I mentioned that you could extend those visors--- and members on there were blown away by this feature--- there was no mention in the owners manual- and no arrows to let you know).... they were so thankful I let them know...

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Yesterday, I was traveling to an unknown area, called Onstar for directions.

Missed a turn in the unfamilar city, Onstar came back on and redirected me back on track after I made my boo boo. I thought that was neat!

Bob

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
If you have cargo/groceries in the area behind the 3rd row seats....
and you need to access the cargo tray to put a small item away...
you can lift up the sides of the door- as they have a fold built in that allows the edges to open up....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had no idea when I bought the car that there was a 110v outlet afrom the factory right next to the A/V jacks for the rear. Now on longer trips, the wife drives and I sit back there and play XBOX :thumb:

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
The 110V port- I think is only available on upper trim-- or with certain packages (entertainment packages) I think.
Not all Trav's have that neat feature...
For anyone that needs 110 V- you can buy a converter that plugs into the 12V port- and converts to 110V

1 - 20 of 88 Posts