Traverse Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I call the local Chevy service department and take it in I would like to know if anyone has had my issue before and if you have any suggestions.

I have a 2019 Premier and last night I changed my stock reverse bulbs to LED bulbs. However, now my Infotainment screen is staying on the camera view while driving. I can't get to any of my home menus or anything, just stays on the camera. I can even switch between the front/rear camera view, but I can't get my home screen. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some LED bulbs are known to cause problems. Switch back to the stock light bulbs and see how it goes.
Thank you so much, reinstalled the stock bulbs and we are back to normal. Very disappointing to require another step instead of the easy plug and play as it should be to replace light bulbs. Thank you for your reply.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, why not LED all the way around!?!?! You are amazing!! Thank you!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was the original Lasfit reverse light user 2 years ago and posted the link and a picture of the reverse lights as well as the fog lights and front blinker switchbacks. Look my post. I have never had an issue or an anomaly since June of 2019. A month ago, I used Dynamic Diode's 194's LEDs in the bottom door lights and my console round switch for different driving modes would not turn off. After 15 minutes, I put the OEMs back in and issue went away.
I've had those Lasfit LEDs over 2 years and no issue. Not even hyper flash for excessive blinking as they advertise if they over heat since they do not need an external resister. I got mine through Walmart.com at a lower cost than Amazon.

BTW, I bought a set of Lasfit fogs and high beam LEDs for my 09 Colorado. I have 2 sets of Dynamic Diode's fog lights sitting on the shelf, Ist gen and 2nd gen until I saw Lasfit LED fogs...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I used the Lasfit's in my 2020 LT, and the reverse lights caused the rear camera to stay on while in Drive. The only way I could get it to return to normal was shutting the car off and opening the driver's side door, and restarting. So, with that being said, YMMV, even when using Lasfit. I put them in a 2012 Malibu and wish I could have them in the Traverse without issues.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
703 Posts
I used the Lasfit's in my 2020 LT, and the reverse lights caused the rear camera to stay on while in Drive. The only way I could get it to return to normal was shutting the car off and opening the driver's side door, and restarting. So, with that being said, YMMV, even when using Lasfit. I put them in a 2012 Malibu and wish I could have them in the Traverse without issues.
No brand of LED is a sure fire replacement for proper operation. Install a load resistor, the ones to stop hyper flashing of turn signals with LED's which simulate a regular bulb, is the only sure solution to for proper operation of the load sensitive system like back up cameras that use the bulbs ground as part of their sensing system.
My old '09 Malibu liked the LED's as it did not have a rear camera. My '11 Tahoe likes them also and it has a rear camera so go figure. Modifications are a experiment with current vehicles.
Fog and headlights are high load circuits that usually are relay switched so no electronic module issues unlike the other lighting in the vehicle that is module switched.
I put LED's in the door bottom lights in my '20 HC and no issues. It has factory LED dome lights though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
No brand of LED is a sure fire replacement for proper operation. Install a load resistor, the ones to stop hyper flashing of turn signals with LED's which simulate a regular bulb, is the only sure solution to for proper operation of the load sensitive system like back up cameras that use the bulbs ground as part of their sensing system.
My old '09 Malibu liked the LED's as it did not have a rear camera. My '11 Tahoe likes them also and it has a rear camera so go figure. Modifications are a experiment with current vehicles.
Fog and headlights are high load circuits that usually are relay switched so no electronic module issues unlike the other lighting in the vehicle that is module switched.
I put LED's in the door bottom lights in my '20 HC and no issues. It has factory LED dome lights though.
Yes, this is exactly correct. Other issues that can be caused by not putting a load resistor because the low resistance circuit to ground that the bulb filament creates include hyper flashing turn signals, rear camera's not turning off, and cruise control that won't engage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts