Traverse Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
hats off to you Trick. Ive done this once myself, with a master tech beside me and on a lift. Obviously in my chevy dealership days

Thank you!!

It was an interesting trip!

But, I think it is possible by anyone that has a bit of experience.

Again, the big part of the problem is having the right tools.

I wouldn't want to do it with just some hand wrenches.

--Trick414

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
A little bump while this is still fresh in my mind.

As noted, I traded the Traverse and got the Colorado. So, in less than a year I won't remember anything!

--Trick414

·
Registered
1 Posts
Reviving an older thread here ... Great write-up, thank you!

Since I'm stuck at home right now due to the coronavirus, I was thinking it might be a good time to tackle this project. We've got a 2011 Traverse whose timing chain made it 218,000 miles but we are now getting the P0008 code and some stumble on light throttle which I assume is related.

Trick414, do you still remember anything in case I run into any questions?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yes, I can still probably remember most of it, plus I'm sure some others will jump in.

Ask away!
Wow very nice of you to come back and continue to offer help over a year later. Good on you.

While @adberns dives into the project tell us about the Colorado! I've loved those trucks for a while now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My hat is off to those tackling the job. As I get older, I find I have to pay people to do the things I use to do. By the time our 2012 gets to this point, if it does, it will either go to the salvage yard or one of the grand kids and let them do it. 125,000 miles now. We bought it almost new, so I've had control of the service so we still don't use much oil between oil changes.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts