Traverse Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to hear of higher millage 2018 to 2019 year model traverse success stories. High millage with little to no problems stories if any out there. I just bought a 2019 red line traverse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We had a 2018 Redline, got it 12/31/17. I say we HAD, until some idiot texting ran a red light and killed it for us. Thankfully the vehicle did what it was designed to do, it absorbed the impact, no physical injuries to my wife or myself, but it did damage our souls, we really loved that car. We ended up with 24,000 on it before it's demise. We had no major problems whatsoever, we did have few a little annoyances. We had taken it on numerous long road trips 2-3000 miles at a time, getting as high as 28 mpg average on some of trips. We had taken numerous day trips with 6 large adults, most 6 foot plus, I'm 6-5 and my son is 6-6, all fitting in comfortably, it was the perfect vehicle for us. We loved it so much we have a 2020 Redline now, a virtual twin to the previous one, there are few changes to the newer one, new interface layout on DIC in the instrument cluster and Imfomat screen, new HD cameras for surround view and more views, the wheel camera view is helpful to prevent kissing the curb with the wheels while parking, no USB port behind the screen, SD card slot and card at the lower USB ports, no more air shutters, be curious to see if that effects mileage at all.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
8/17 Production redline over 22,000 miles and only problem was the shift lever switch defect which affects only 2018s. Otherwise a trouble free fun car to drive.

·
Registered
13 Posts
2018 Redline owner with over 30,000 kms. Did a long summer trip with over 10,000 kms across parts of Canada and US with no issues and averaged 8.4 litres per 100 km or 28 mpg. Haven't experienced the shift lever switch problem.

·
Registered
39 Posts
2019 Premier, just over 6K miles and no issues. Drove twice to Colorado from St. Louis, once to Colorado Springs and surrounding areas, and the other to Denver and surrounding Ski locations. Just had first oil change and no issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2019 LT3, just over 13,600 with no issues other than the paint. Took some time to get used to the Auto Stop, a 6 cylinder engine and the 9 speed transmission. Drove an 8 cylinder for 17 years.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2019 Traverse LT1 built in July 2018. It now has just under 17,000 miles and has been completely trouble free. I love the vehicle as a highway cruiser and we have twice taken it on trips from Texas to the upper midwest. I feel like it is a brilliant road trip vehicle. The engine and transmission seem especially well paired for interstate driving.

Literally the only thing I don't like about the vehicle is that the climate control system seems to "weird out" and randomly blow cold air after an hour or two of driving. It takes quite a bit of fiddling after that to get the temperature where you want it to be. I don't know if the system is supposed to work this way and we don't often take long enough trips for it to even happen, so I am just accepting it as normal for now.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
2018 Premier AWD mfrd. 7/17, 22K+ miles. Great ride

Only maintenance other than oil filter was replacement of faulty shifter under TSB which affected only pre Dec. production '18s.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. We have a 2018 premier fwd we bought in May 2018. About 21,000 on the odometer. Great ride, awesome vehicle, only problem so far is the shift lever, and sometimes Bluetooth audio cuts out for a split second. Other than that, love this car.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My 2018 LT AWD is little over 1-years old. With 5 kids my wife had a Suburban for many years. As the kids grew up it became too large for my wife so we got here a Rogue. I work around the house and do cabinet type woodworking as a hobby - dearly missed a vehicle that could haul 4' wide sheet goods and dimensional lumber. Plus my wife missed having a vehicle that could haul 7 people so went on a quest to find a new vehicle for me. Only SUV I found that met both needs was the Traverse. It gives me the fuel economy of my 2005 Malibu with hauling capabilities I need. My wife says I treat my Traverse like a baby.

I did need the rear differential replaced so hopefully I'm fine now.

Mike

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have a 2018 Redline with around 28,000 kms (~17,400 miles) although I have had the common Transmission shutter last year and the shifter assembly this year, it is still one of the best vehicles I have owned in the past 46 years that I have been driving (legally :wink:) .

It is very comfortable, economical, has tons of safety features and get compliments from strangers of all ages on a regular basis.

I have attached a picture of my recorded fuel economy from my last big trip.

Here are the numbers for my friends who live south of our border:

The trip was 1,142 kms (710 miles) one way

I used cruise control 90% of the time. It was set for 115 km/hr (71.5 mph)

The picture shows the economy for the last 50 miles

Avg: 7.8 L/100km ( 30.5 miles/gallon (US))
Best: 7.1 L/100km (33.1 miles/gallon (US))

That is just awesome for a big vehicle with a big V6.

I just love my Traverse :love:

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a 2018 Redline with around 28,000 kms (~17,400 miles) although I have had the common Transmission shutter last year and the shifter assembly this year, it is still one of the best vehicles I have owned in the past 46 years that I have been driving (legally :wink:) .

It is very comfortable, economical, has tons of safety features and get compliments from strangers of all ages on a regular basis.

I have attached a picture of my recorded fuel economy from my last big trip.

Here are the numbers for my friends who live south of our border:

The trip was 1,142 kms (710 miles) one way

I used cruise control 90% of the time. It was set for 115 km/hr (71.5 mph)

The picture shows the economy for the last 50 miles

Avg: 7.8 L/100km ( 30.5 miles/gallon (US))
Best: 7.1 L/100km (33.1 miles/gallon (US))

That is just awesome for a big vehicle with a big V6.

I just love my Traverse :love:

Great #'s. When I first looked at the pic I thought 120MPH at 1600RPM (then I remembered metric)!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
18 Redline 20K miles a 7/17 build serial #118 off the line running on original software....common early shifter problem and replaced....other than that routine oil/filters and inspection stickers.....rides like a champ.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts