Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm ALWAYS searching for a deal..... I will post them in this thread, as I come across them.
This is a GREAT deal... $14 for a 5 quart jug of excellent 5w-30 DEXOS Oil at Walmart... Go get some!!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Its a giveaway price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm ALWAYS searching for a deal..... I will post them in this thread, as I come across them.
This is a GREAT deal... $14 for a 5 quart jug of excellent 5w-30 DEXOS Oil at Walmart... Go get some!!

View attachment 9241
On this side of the big hills, (coastal SC) out for a local drive to put some more miles on the new Traverse. I stopped at a local Walmart and this product was selling for $17.97. Still a good buy. Still in a five quart jug, so to change oil I need to buy two (2) to get the required six quarts for an oil change. The second jug would last for another four oil changes using just a quart at a time. I don't know of anybody that wants to pay $9-$10 for a single quart of Syn oil.

However what got my attention was the new six (6) quart box (cardboard) sitting next to the Quaker State. From Chevron, the oil "Havoline", 6 quarts of 5W30 full synthetic, "Deposit Shield Technology" (?), Dexos 1/Gen 2 also labeled SN Plus for $19.97 out the door. It seems to have all of the right "credentials". Chevron to me is a trusted brand name. I use their "Techron" Complete Fuel System cleaner.

When I got home I put this on my buy list for my Walmart shopping cart.
I have already obtained a Mobil 1 M1-212A oil fiter. If I could find the right Baldwin Filter I would probably use that vice the Mobil1.
Thanks AlisoBob

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mobil 1 Filter, made by Champion Labs..... no thanks ( I purchased this, and cut it open)

Royal Purple, also made by Champion Labs. Do you see a trend. Champion private labels tons of brands. It would be wise to avoid them all.......

If your really bored, here's something to read through.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had previously read your report on oil filters from the Duramax forum. Very good!!

At this point in time I'm far away from any oil change.(530 miles total) I have been unsucessful in finding a Baldwin oil filter made for the Traverse. The new Mobil 1 filter was a trade off for a future "shelf" filter I had for my Cadillac 2.0T. Still have left over a K&N filter for the Cadillac as well as a 5 qt jug of Mobil1 5W30. Based on your testing and results of "destruction for examination" I would choose a Baldwin over all others.

My Traverse has got to last, this will probably be my last so preventive measures to protect the V-6 and 9 speed are a must.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At this point in time I'm far away from any oil change.(530 miles total)
Your Traverse has the "wrong" oil filter on it. GM installs a tiny oil filter that clears the engine sling when they mount it in the chassis. You should change the oil this weekend, and swap that thing out.....

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been unsucessful in finding a Baldwin oil filter made for the Traverse.
$6.44

1 - 10 of 10 Posts