Traverse Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've posted this info on the other forums here and figured there would be an interest here as well. Here's a link on the Acadia forum where Ted K found a source for a variety of stubby antennas. The link to their website is in his post here as well as pics of my antenna replacement and my experience with this swap:

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=8451.msg128659;topicseen#new

:cheers: Merry Christmas and a healthy New Year to you all!

Regards,

Jim
In God We Trust!

A

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the cross post Jim; I have been thinking about getting the same antenna for my 07. The house I am living in now leaves little height when parking in the garage although I can park the Acadia in the garage if needed

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi JJNTJ2003,

Think you would be safe in ordering, say under Acadia, as long as the base which your antenna screws into appears to be the same as the pictures I posted for my 2009 Saturn Outlook.

Jim
In God We Trust

·
Registered
73 Posts
Got it in the mail today from stubbyantenna.com. :blob: Took 5 days, not bad. LOVE the way it looks. The OEM antenna bugged the crap out of me. This one looks much nicer! (please ignore the dirt on the Traverse, I washed it a couple days ago, but its bad weather over here. I know, bad owner! bad owner!)

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
ironjoey said:
Got it in the mail today from stubbyantenna.com. :blob: Took 5 days, not bad. LOVE the way it looks. The OEM antenna bugged the crap out of me. This one looks much nicer! (please ignore the dirt on the Traverse, I washed it a couple days ago, but its bad weather over here. I know, bad owner! bad owner!)
exactly which one did you order?

Also, it's been a while since you have had it, how does reception seem to be? AM/FM/XM?

Thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
I emailed stubbyantenna.com and asked which one to order for my 12 Traverse. Response: We don't sell one for your vehicle. Hmm. They list Acadia and Enclave in their listings, but not Traverse (that outsells both of the other). :eek:hno:

Strange.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Great post!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Bringing this one back to life

My wife has been having XM issues daily going to an from work. I ordered the 11" Fuba-Series from stubbyantenna.com just now to see if that would fix it. I had to search under GMC and then Acadia as I didn't see Traverse listed under Chevrolet. I'll report back to let you know if it fits, and again if it fixed her issue.

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
the antenna you ordered is only for regular radio.
My understanding is the XM antenna is in the square/rectangular base--- where you screw in your antenna.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I thought so too, but I need to try something, the XM reception hardly works for my wife on her daily commute and I couldn't find any other suggestions.

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
read somewhere that XM/Sirius--- was having issues with bad reception for some people because I think it was Verizon- started using some new frequency--- which overlapped...

just read it this week...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts