Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing that I've been disappointed with is the inability to stream Bluetooth audio from my iPhone. I just purchased an '09 LTZ and I'm still learning about all of the bells and whistles. I was hoping that with the Bluetooth connection this would be possible. I was basing this off of an aftermarket nav unit that a friend of mine had that allowed this.

Is my only option to get the harness that has the attachments for the iPhone? BTW, I have a 3GS, so I'm not sure that this is even possible yet (even though the phone has been out for a year) with the listen, control and charge functionality.

Do I have any other options besides this? I wonder if the current system can be modified in some way to allow audio streaming?

Oh, glad to be here and have this forum available for reading and getting questions answered. I've been a part of other forums for different cars that I've owned, and I've always found them to be a great help.

Josh

·
Registered
417 Posts
If you have a 2010 with the USB adapter in the center console, then yes you can charge and control it from the radio for music. You just need the normal USB cable that comes with the phone, or purchase any aftermarket iPod cable and it will work. IMHO this is better than bluetooth, as you also charge the phone at the same time, where using Bluetooth would only drain the battery twice as fast.

A

·
0 Posts
Narg said:
If you have a 2010 with the USB adapter in the center console, then yes you can charge and control it from the radio for music. You just need the normal USB cable that comes with the phone, or purchase any aftermarket iPod cable and it will work. IMHO this is better than bluetooth, as you also charge the phone at the same time, where using Bluetooth would only drain the battery twice as fast.
Some Acadia owners are experiencing issues with the USB not recognizing the 3GS phone

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have the 2010, so no USB port. Would be nice though. Does the nav radio in the '09 have this option or can I buy the part to install it myself?

·
Registered
417 Posts
For the 2009 there are a number of options.

First recommendation is to go to your dealer and get the GM made part that does this job. It works quite well, though it's about $200-$300 installed. It's called the PAL or Personal Audio Link. It's iPod/iPhone only is it's only problem IMHO, but since you are interested only in Apple products connectivity, that shouldn't be a problem. (This video is not great, the guy's a real goober. but shows how it works)
GM Gets To Be Our PAL With An iPod Connector
http://www.gm.com/vehicles/parts/ipod/PAL+FAQs+JAN08.pdf

There are also some 3rd party solutions, do a quick Google to get things like:
http://www.coastaletech.com/GM_IPOD_LOCKPICK.htm <- this one comes recommended by a lot of Forum folks. The one I plan to get :thumb:
If you do the install yourself, get ready for some work. All these interface, OEM or 3rd party, always plug into the XM unit to easily interface with the radio. The XM unit in the Traverses are in the back! Yuck. ???

Lots of options. Search around the forum a little more for some threads on this subject.
http://www.traverseforum.com/index.php?topic=330.0

1 - 5 of 5 Posts