Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Traverse LT with a very strange and weird problem, the rear windshield wiper will not turn of no matter what, vehicle is off, key out, still going, remove the fuse, still going, remove the relay, still going, remove relay and fuse, still going, car off, key out, fuse out, relay out and the ******* is still wiping, anyone can help me with this, all i could do was unplug it until i can get someone to help me out with this, i really use it very little, but would like to have it working properly just incase.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry but schematics hurt my head, but here is a picture of the fuse and relay i removed, is like the dam thing is wired direct to the battery.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you think it might be the BCM messed up, because now i think even with the wiper unplugged, somehow it is creating a drain on the battery, this is twice now it would not start, all i will get is a click, and then after awhile of trying it starts, also the horn is gone now, man i am so sorry i bought this, and the sad part is i really love the vehicle, it drives smooth, very quiet inside, i dunno, just dont want to spend a ton of money on it, think I am going to give it back.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
How old is the battery? And if the wipers pulled the battery down, but you haven't driven it enough to fully recharge the battery, you're going to continue to have problems. OR it may be caused by whatever is trying to run your wiper when it shouldn't.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
In fact, if you had to unplug the wiper motor to stop it from running, something is still shorting out to the plug to the wiper motor. It may also be shorting out to something else.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The guy i bought it from said the battery is about 6 months old, all the connections are tight and no corrosion, but obviously the circuit to the rear windshield wiper is open even when the motor is disconnected, i really dont know what to say about this.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In fact, if you had to unplug the wiper motor to stop it from running, something is still shorting out to the plug to the wiper motor. It may also be shorting out to something else.
Yep, but what, only thing i can think of is maybe the bcm is messing up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And yes, that is the only way the motor will stop, like i said, even with the car off, key out, switch disconnected, fuse out and relay out, the wiper still wipes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another thing is that the TPMS light is on, and on the DIC it is showing ------ for all four wheels, really strange that all four sensors would go at the same time.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Obviously it wasn't doing this when you purchased it. How long have you owned it and how long has it been doing this? Do you have contact with the seller? Did he do any work back there or remove any of his accessories before selling it? Maybe he swapped a wire somewhere. If you pulled the proper relay, there shouldn't be power on that circuit, period.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Obviously it wasn't doing this when you purchased it. How long have you owned it and how long has it been doing this? Do you have contact with the seller? Did he do any work back there or remove any of his accessories before selling it? Maybe he swapped a wire somewhere. If you pulled the proper relay, there shouldn't be power on that circuit, period.
Well he didnt tell me until today that the ecm was changed, and that the rear wiper was disconnected for the same reason, i have had it less than a week, i dont mind the speakers not working but the rear windshield wiper worries me, i know i pulled the right fuse and relay and it still wipes, that to me is a hazard

·
Registered
542 Posts
The TPMS is a separate module so if it isn't communicating that could give those messages. Any other messages? Gauges working OK? What other little tidbits of info isn't the seller sharing?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The TPMS is a separate module so if it isn't communicating that could give those messages. Any other messages? Gauges working OK? What other little tidbits of info isn't the seller sharing?
Thats about it, gauges working fine, the check engine light was on for a misfire, cleared that and it hasnt come back on as yet, as for the tpms, i find it strange for all four to be out at the sametime, dont know what is wrong with the horn, i had the water in the connectors for the speakers, and a low whine, dont no if its the psp or the hoses they say could cause it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
So the seller disconnected the wiper and you re-connected it only to find out that it stays on? You should get him to tell you the sequence of his problems, and solutions, so we may be able to trace the root cause. He may have screwed other things up which may be a simple fix.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Ask him if he still has the old ECM, there may be nothing wrong with it. Ask him who programmed the new ECM and how did they do it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So the seller disconnected the wiper and you re-connected it only to find out that it stays on? You should get him to tell you the sequence of his problems, and solutions, so we may be able to trace the root cause. He may have screwed other things up which may be a simple fix.
He said it just came on and stayed on, he couldnt get it off so he unplugged it, i am wondering if it might have somthing to do with the water in the door connectors.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts