Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im a member on trailvoy.com
On that site- I created a HOW TO on changing the thermostat....
I used my earthlink acct to host the images....
My HOW TO became SO popular with the members over there- (envoys, trailblazers, ascenders, rendezvous) that I was exceeding my bandwidth 2 weeks into the month-- and earthink would block my images till the 1st of the month.
In the meantime I was getting alot of IM's asking why images where down... and if I could email them the pics.
Eventually I was told to upload the images to the trailvoy website itself which hosts the images...
No more red x's in the how to's.

Does this site offer such hosting? I looked but didnt see any....

·
Registered
33 Posts
I use photobucket.com to store pics to be used in forums. They seem to have a pretty good quota.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yes it actually does. You can attach up to 4 images per post. Instead of using the quick reply box at the bottom, click on the actual 'reply' button. Once there, click the "Additional Options" link and you should see a text entry box for browsing and attaching images to your post.

I think there's a 1mb limit per image though. Are they bigger than that?

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no- they are small.
I take pics- and they come out about 1MB each....
Then, using OUTLOOK mail- I send myself the picstures--- but select the images to be 640x480- this drastically reduces their size...

Next time I will attach images.
Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Admin,

I have been trying to attach photos to my post but I keep getting a error.

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Steve_AK said:
Admin,

I have been trying to attach photos to my post but I keep getting a error.
What about using a place like photobucket to upload your pics to, and then just copy the IMG code in your post on this site....that's how I do it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
OK, got the Photobucket account but I'm still not able to post. Not sure what you mean by "IMG Code"?

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
whem you upload a pic to photobucket- and you look at your pics there (where all of them are displayed)... roll your mouse over the image...
a small pop up window comes up-- with tags like HTML code, DIRECT LINK, and IMG code..

simply put the mouse in the box with the IMG code and press the mouse button- youll see COPIED briefly flash..

you can then come here-- and simply rt click and paste....

it will automatically insert the images URL along with the correct IMG tag (the brackets).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts