Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had our 2010 Traverse for a couple of months now and have noticed that the sliding door over the storage bin in the front row center console won't stay closed. I've checked it out and don't see any type of machanism that would keep it closed. Is anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
11,426 Posts
no problem here.... (also have a 2010).

·
Registered
11,426 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
It opens by it's self? that is not normal! Seems like you are missing a tab or it broke off. See what the dealer will do for you.

·
Registered
11,426 Posts
in the pic-- these a little tab at the front of the slides--- yours still there?
broken off? wore down?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Another thought, if you're interested, might be to buy the coin/small articles tray that fits under the sliding door and lifts out. It definitely creates an interference fit with the door and might serve the purpose of solving your problem. It's $15 at the dealer. I had to order mine and wait a day to get it.

I can get the part number if you need it, but it's easy for the parts guy to look up.

A side note about this is that the Buick, GMC, and Saturn Lambdas all come with this plastic tray. I don't think Chevrolet should have cut this particular corner.

·
Registered
11,426 Posts

·
Registered
11,426 Posts
wow, hard acceleration causes your door to slide open..
the little tray may fix that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts