Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter has a 2009 Traverse with 6500 miles and the accelerator sticks when pushed for high acceleration. Has anyone else had this issue? Headed to the dealer today to have it checked out. Very dangerous situation--especially with 3 kids. I will post what the result of the dealer visit is.

·
Registered
11,242 Posts
very interesting...
they may just end up replacing the pedal.
As these have no actual connection between the pedal and the engine...
simple a resistor reading the position of the pedal...

in the meantime- it would be a good idea to tell her that if it sticks-- to place the tranny in neutral----

·
Registered
11,242 Posts
any update on what the dealer said?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My daughter p/u the vehicle from the dealer--stated he had cleaned something--also stated warranty would not pay for cleaning--so filed as a check and adjust--sorry for not having much more info--I will see her this w/e and see if I can see the warranty ticket she recieved. Stay tuned

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi- this is the daughter. The dealer claimed they cleaned the throttle and reprogrammed some aspect of the vehicle. I'm not exactly sure what though. I've tried to elicit the problem from the car again since and haven't been able to, so I assume it's fixed.

·
Registered
11,242 Posts
interesting.
so was it the pedal that stuck when you pressed it...

or you pressed-- and the vehicle kept accelerating even when the pedal went back to normal resting position?

sounds like they cleaned the 'butterfly' on the throttle body?

·
Registered
417 Posts
This used to happen to my Chevy Pickup a lot when it was new. Kinda stopped after about 30k miles. I've heard of it in other car types too, so it seems normal. I'd suggest watching where you buy gas and try to get better, or using a gas additive for cleaning. At least that's what my dealership recommended on the pickup, and it seemed to help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was coming back from a camping trip on Monday with a trailer in tow, went out to pass a truck going up hill, and sure enough the throttle stuck open for about 3 sec or so. Was wondering what the heck was happening as my foot was completely off the pedal. The pedal was definitely stuck in the full down position until it popped back up by itself. Going to the dealer on Friday to have it looked at. Will advise the outcome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts