Traverse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my LTZ on Sat.. what a sweet ride. The Cashmere/Ebony interior looks hot!

Is anyone else worried about the finish of the steering wheel wearing off? If so, what are you doing about it. I really don't like those aftermarket covers but I had a Malibu that the finish started to wear off over time. Looked hideous after a while.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just returned from a 4 hour trip yesterday and while driving I had flashbacks of how quickly a similar steering wheel on my previous Chevy wore. I too was wondering what, if anything, was out there to protect or cover the wheel. I don't prefer the after-market covers that are available at the auto stores either. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to protect the cover?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Are you talking about the center plastic, or the leather wheel wrapping?

If it's the plastic, it won't wear it's color because it's infused.

If it's the leather wrap, leather lasts for years and years. Very unlikely you'll own the vehicle long enough to wear it down.

Personally, I re-wrapped mine. I prefer a thicker steering wheel, so I purchased a leather wrap and hand sewed it on a couple weeks ago. Took me about 4 hours to sew on, but looks fantastic. And, if I own this one long enough I'll just cut the old one off, and re-sew another one on.

This isn't the one I got, but very similar: http://www.wheelskins.com/original_wheelskin.php I just picked up what was available at a local car parts store.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts