Traverse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2013 AWD Traverse, we had some rain this past week and something happened to me while I was driving my Traverse that really worried me, hopefully someone here can help me fix the problem. The rain had passed and only some puddles were left on the road, I drove past one at normal speed (about 35 mph) and the wheel suddenly got REALLY hard, luckily enough I wasn't in a hard turn or else who knows if I would of been able to turn the car. Surely my wife would have not been able to, that is how hard it got. So after a few seconds the wheel went back soft to normal. This happened again in another puddle and it went away again pretty fast. So I'm thinking that something is getting wet underneath just don't know where exactly to look. Any ideas? Please help. Has this happened to anybody here?

Best Regards.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Sounds like the belt that drives the power steering pump got wet and was slipping. Check it's tension and maybe try some "belt dressing." I think it's one big serpentine belt, so some other things may not have been turning quite as well, either (alternator, water pump, etc). It's on the right side of the car, so if your puddles were on that side, it would be another indication.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like the belt that drives the power steering pump got wet and was slipping. Check it's tension and maybe try some "belt dressing."
You know what? that makes total sense.. thanks for the tip. I havent changed the belt ever maybe just putting in a new one might help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts