Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The steering wheel on my 09 LTZ (5000 miles) clicks or makes a soft "playing-card-in-the-spokes" sound when I turn it either direction at low speeds. This forum and the other Lambda forums have several threads about this or similar sounds emanating from the steering wheel or just behind it. One says a new steering column fixes it; another that a new steering gear is required; another that replacing a spring in the airbag assembly fixes it; another said there was a TSB on it back in 08 that fixed all the problems (obviously not); and still another says there's a grommet that needs adjustment. I also read that GM has a lawsuit against a major supplier of steering components of which Lambdas are included. My car's going in a week from Monday for a multiple day, "come to Jesus" service session that I got after going ballistic to the service manager after I had to make multiple trips without resolving the same problems.

I have several issues that are known quantities, but the steering wheel noise remains something of a mystery. I'd love to have a direction to point them if I can before I take the car in. Any help here?

Thanks guys and gals. ::)

·
Registered
994 Posts
andylibby said:
The steering wheel on my 09 LTZ (5000 miles) clicks or makes a soft "playing-card-in-the-spokes" sound when I turn it either direction at low speeds.
And yet for my 09 Traverse I get an annoying rubbing sound and feel from my steering wheel at low speed (only after the car has been driven for a while ie after it is very good and warm) ???

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
"My car's going in a week from Monday for a multiple day, "come to Jesus" service session that I got after going ballistic to the service manager after I had to make multiple trips without resolving the same problems".

Going "ballistic" to the service manager is a good way to be "marked" for the rest of your visits to the dealership ..... or other neighboring dealerships. Not a good move, in my opinion & experience. More personal and professional "satisfactionion" to be gained by being civil. Life can be **** when you're on the wrong side of the fence!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts