Traverse Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started my 2018 Traverse to find 2 messages "Icy Roads drive with care" (something like that) and "Steering assist is reduced drive with care" (these are exactly the words). I did not feel any difference in driving, but I did only take a very short drive (about a mile).
Anything?

·
Registered
1 Posts
That message may be related to several other conditions including the engine cooling fan stuck on high, the A/C not cooling and the temperature gauge not working, especially if you didn't notice a difference in how the steering felt. There is a bulletin #17NA-390 that addresses these issues. The fix is a software update for the ECM.

HTH

·
Registered
11,174 Posts
arent the GEN 2's Electric Power Steering?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, for the responses. I guess its gonna go into the shop and see what they say then.

·
Registered
1 Posts
same problem

I had the same thing happen to me, I detailed it, and put it back in the garage. But when it started on monday, the engoine was idling very low and shaking, check engine light came on, and i got the steering message on the dash, i restarted it 10 minutes later and it ran fine, but the steering message came up. I have no clue whyit happend??

·
Registered
242 Posts
It also happened to me last week. I had a check engine light along with the Steering Assist warning the first time it happened.

I turned off the engine and restarted the car again and the check engine light was gone but the Steering Assist warning was still there.

I cycled the engine off and on one more time and it seemed to clear the warning.

It hasn't re-occurred since.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
staring assist reduced

I also just got the steering assist reduced and the ac compressor doesn't seem to be kicking in. its still under warranty, so I guess its going in this week unless anyone has any thoughts if they are related. no blown fuses that I can find

·
Registered
1 Posts
Started my 2018 Traverse to find 2 messages "Icy Roads drive with care" (something like that) and "Steering assist is reduced drive with care" (these are exactly the words). I did not feel any difference in driving, but I did only take a very short drive (about a mile).
Anything?
The problem as diagnosed by my chev svrc dept was bad rack and penion. The real problem is there are none available, no supplier and when all the lights come on, cruise control, awd and other things won't work. Good luck.
Anything?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sorry I didnt quite fully understand you post.
Are you saying that you had the same issue as me and chevy told you that the whole stearing assembly needed replacement?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Did some searching in the engine bay and found a broken clip on the MAP/intake temp sensor. I was able to get it locked back in but the plastic was already broken so it needs to be replaced. Dealer agreed and ordered a new one. I'm not sure if the wires came loose or not but if they did it would possibly cause my issue. No codes since I locked it back in so my fingers are crossed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2018 High Country just did this went to crank an it was shaking running awful,check engine light flashing an seat belt flashing...Message board says Power Steering Assists Drive with care....an when turning vehicle off it's make a weird noise up where engine is !!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts