Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am FURIOUS with Chevy and have ZERO desire to purchase their brand ever again. Will recommend to all my friends to trade in their Traverses immediately.
1. New fuel system needed at 65,000 miles
2. New transmission needed at 85,000 miles.
3. Codes thrown for traction control/Stabilitrak. Told it needed new tires. (90,000 miles) Done.
4. Starter replaced. 110,000 miles.
5. Codes thrown for traction control/Stabilitrak. Traverse randomly accelerates slowly then jerkily. Told it needed new O2 sensors. Done. 128,000
6. Codes thrown for traction control/Stabilitrak. Told O2 sensors weren't installed correctly. Second mechanic found traction control sensor fuse surround partially melted.
7. Codes thrown for traction control/Stabilitrak. Traverse randomly now also shuts off WHILE DRIVING and STEERING goes out. No clue as to what the issue is. Mechanics stumped.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I am FURIOUS with Chevy and have ZERO desire to purchase their brand ever again. Will recommend to all my friends to trade in their Traverses immediately.
Don't know what this means. But I'm guessing maybe a new purge valve, definitely a common issue, but pretty cheap to replace.
Be glad it's not a Chrysler - new tranny's at 30K is common
3. Codes thrown for traction control/Stabilitrak. Told it needed new tires. (90,000 miles) Done.
If it's doing this when it gets cold out, the throttle body probably just needs cleaning - easy to do; and may be why it's coming up again in #7 below.
Not common, but not unusual, either.
5. Codes thrown for traction control/Stabilitrak. Traverse randomly accelerates slowly then jerkily. Told it needed new O2 sensors. Done. 128,000
O2 sensors are known to need replacement at 100K, so nothing unusual here.
6. Codes thrown for traction control/Stabilitrak. Told O2 sensors weren't installed correctly. Second mechanic found traction control sensor fuse surround partially melted.
Not the vehicles fault, IMHO - blame the bad mechanic.
7. Codes thrown for traction control/Stabilitrak. Traverse randomly now also shuts off WHILE DRIVING and STEERING goes out. No clue as to what the issue is. Mechanics stumped.
Can't speak to this one; but it may be 2 different issues.

There are LOTS of things that bring up the Stabilitrak message. Most common seems to be the dirty throttle body in cold weather.

You never say what model year; I'm guessing a mid-1st Generation if you have 128K+ miles on it; although steering going out might indicate 2nd Gen, as they have electric sterring.

·
Registered
1 Posts
. 2017 chevy traverse is in the shop for the 3rd time same issue. O2 sensor gone bad making the engine run ruff. Come to find out the power steering line had a small leak in it which shorted out the wire harness then it shorted out the o2 sensor. My service stability and service traction control kept coming on. That's the problem with my traverse. Sounds like it could be the same problem as yours. Oh yeah it's been in the shop 3 times and It has 28,000 miles on it. Not alot of miles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts