Traverse Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been trying to post something for the past 20 minutes with 3 pictures but first it says photos too big then it says i already posted so please forgive me but this is a test post with 1 of the pictures

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok, it worked so here is the main post . Hey guys, i know ive seen this issue talked about a few times with some suggestions but rarely with the real solution. Just thought i'd help out with what i found was the ACTUAL cause and solution for MY problem. I've got a 2010 Traverse LS AWD. The problem started this summer, after starting the car and after the first 30 seconds of driving i noticed the ABS module or controller was pumping as if the ABS was activating. After the 30 seconds it would stop pumping and all the lights would pop on , (Traction Control Off, Check Stabilitrak System, ABS light and AWD System off). If i shut off and restarted it would happen again after 30 seconds or so. There was no loss of engine power which is why i didnt address the issue till last week , the vehicle was still driveable. I used my BLUEDRIVER code checker and it gave me the code for Right Rear ABS sensor, so i changed it with no results. I tried to clean the ABS ring behind the rear wheel bearing, but its a very tight spot and hard to see and reach. I ordered a new bearing anyway. The removing the brakes and unbolting the bearing from behind were both fairly straight forward jobs but i had to rent a puller from Advance auto to pull the hub out of the rear assembly (thats the 1st photo) The 2nd and 3rd photo shows what i found, the magnetic ring on the back of the hub bearing was corroded and a section had broken off making the ring incomplete. When the wheel would rotate past the ABS sensor the missing and corroded sections would not give it a proper signal. Replaced the wheel bearing hub assembly and test drive confirmed NO trouble lights, NO ABS pumping , ALL systems were back to norm and i got my AWD back just in time for winter. Thats my solution, i see now its impossible to properly clean that rear ring without removing the whole assembly and or replacing. good luck hope this helps someone with a similar issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This post was my saving grace. This was exactly my problem as well. With mine, the bearing was going bad causing heat. The heat caused the rubber coating to come off partially and thus causing an intermittent signal. The bearing didnt have free play, but was getting rough. Before I found this post, I had cleaned the throttle body, changed the speed sensor, serviced all oils, checked spark plugs, and more. Once I changed the bearing out, completely back to normal. Thanks OP.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ok, it worked so here is the main post . Hey guys, i know ive seen this issue talked about a few times with some suggestions but rarely with the real solution. Just thought i'd help out with what i found was the ACTUAL cause and solution for MY problem. I've got a 2010 Traverse LS AWD. The problem started this summer, after starting the car and after the first 30 seconds of driving i noticed the ABS module or controller was pumping as if the ABS was activating. After the 30 seconds it would stop pumping and all the lights would pop on , (Traction Control Off, Check Stabilitrak System, ABS light and AWD System off). If i shut off and restarted it would happen again after 30 seconds or so. There was no loss of engine power which is why i didnt address the issue till last week , the vehicle was still driveable. I used my BLUEDRIVER code checker and it gave me the code for Right Rear ABS sensor, so i changed it with no results. I tried to clean the ABS ring behind the rear wheel bearing, but its a very tight spot and hard to see and reach. I ordered a new bearing anyway. The removing the brakes and unbolting the bearing from behind were both fairly straight forward jobs but i had to rent a puller from Advance auto to pull the hub out of the rear assembly (thats the 1st photo) The 2nd and 3rd photo shows what i found, the magnetic ring on the back of the hub bearing was corroded and a section had broken off making the ring incomplete. When the wheel would rotate past the ABS sensor the missing and corroded sections would not give it a proper signal. Replaced the wheel bearing hub assembly and test drive confirmed NO trouble lights, NO ABS pumping , ALL systems were back to norm and i got my AWD back just in time for winter. Thats my solution, i see now its impossible to properly clean that rear ring without removing the whole assembly and or replacing. good luck hope this helps someone with a similar issue.
found same issue on lf ft hub bearing it repaired all lites and trans stumble and cruise controll it puts manyfeatures in limp mode

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Jetuco

I know this is an old thread and hope you're still on the forum. I have the exact same problems you mention, and same symptoms. Ho
Unfortunately I don't have a reader that can read ABS codes, however I can feel that the ABS (or Traction control) pulses the front left wheel. Would that means that's the one failing? Could you sense which wheel was doing it when it happened to you?

THanks for your help, there's not many thread that on forums describing that exact problem.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
1,169 Posts
Try a local parts store that does free code readings. They usually have a ABS code reader.
It could be the RF wheel, really need to read codes, anything else is just a guess.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having this same issue with my 2015 Chevy traverse LS AWD i recently changed my left hub assembly and these lights weren’t on before I changed it, it’s been a few weeks and they haven’t gone off yet… what do you suggest to do ?

·
Registered
2020 High Country
1,169 Posts
Without a code scan there is no way to see what the system is seeing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts