Traverse Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Traverse LT AWD
276 Posts
Well I went a different route .. after a little poking around I thought I’d give it a shot of sea foam , I dropped one can in the fuel tank and did a hot soak in the top end. After the hot soak 10 /15 min I fired it up and lots of sample for the first bit , drove it around and cleared it out ,, very noticeable difference,, idles smooth, no misfires ,and better pick up , I’m not a big additive fan by any means , but this stuff works it seems .. just thought I’d update this .. thanks guys for your help .. has anyone else done this and had similar results?
Thank you for the update. Please update any adverse effects and changes on gas mileage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I changed out the original plugs at 100K with the ruthenium type and this helped out a little. Later on I changed out the coil packs with a high performance type (dragonfire) and I immediately saw a mileage improvement and better performance. You might want to consider doing that as well.

·
Registered
981 Posts
My hesitation is the carbon breaking off and scoring the cylinder walls. GM had an official procedure which was similar, feeding solvent into the intake, but they quickly abandoned that. My guess was that it created more problems in some customers engines.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.