Traverse Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
??? Has any one installed shlach Guards? I would like to know if they make as set that are Molded.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:thumb: Hey they look good do you have a picture from the side and are the molded or flat.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Where you able to put them on without taking the tire off.I think they look good.Up here in the Snow Belt the sides are always white with Salt.Did you use the same thing for the Back.Thanks :cheers: :beer:

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Dale said:
Where you able to put them on without taking the tire off.I think they look good.Up here in the Snow Belt the sides are always white with Salt.Did you use the same thing for the Back.Thanks :cheers: :beer:

I would assume you can just turn the steering wheel to get the tire out of the way for installation. Then when you go to the other side, just turn the wheel the other way.

It would be funny if you can install mud flaps without taking off the tire, but you can't change the headlamp.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any more pictures of Splash Guards? I would like some of Molded type if any one has them. I have been told the Arcadia ones will work.

·
Registered
37 Posts
They are molded. I installed them when I was doing a tire rotation. I think you could get them on with the wheel cranked way over. I'd take a picture from the side but with all the mud, snow and dirt on the car right now I don't think you could even see them. One of my favorite features on this vehicle is the power tailgate. I never have to touch it to open or close it. This time of year it's always covered with snow, ice, slush, dirt, mud or probably all of them.

Bob

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:thumb: Hey that will work it’s to cold to install a set not just doing the research thanks

Steve 8)

·
Registered
551 Posts
littlebadboy said:
Did you have to drill new holes to install it? If I put on a pair, will it void my warranty?
Im not sure if you have to drill anyholes or not, but I can tell you it wont void your warranty.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
littlebadboy said:
Did you have to drill new holes to install it? If I put on a pair, will it void my warranty?

Drilling a hole into a painted metal surface on the exterior of the vehicle is never a good idea. The drill bit is "breaking the seal" the paint provides. The paint is, in fact, protecting the metal surfaces. Once the seal is broken, moisture forms between the metal surface and the paint. After moisture, the paint begins blistering, after blistering, the metal begins to rust. And on it goes.

The owner goes into the dealership for a "warranty" rust repair. Is it a legitimate warranty concern ? No. Will it be covered by warranty? That answer is a grey area.

Had the hole not been drilled, the rust would not have formed in that specific area.

I would not drill into a exterior metal painted surface.

Bob

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
bobinvt said:
The only holes to drill are in the mudflaps. They install using the existing body holes.

Bob
That's a good thing.

Bob

·
Registered
33 Posts
Great pics, does anybody know the part number(s)?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
??? The ones in the picture look like part No. 12497428 am I right?

8) Steve

·
Registered
37 Posts
Part # is 19213389 - $25.00. I got the number from gmaccessorieszone.com but they don't show it anymore. Maybe they are discontinued. I bought mine at the end of October.

Bob

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
??? Any one else install a set on there Traverse? and will you take pictures?

8) Steve

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:) If you have a set on your can you take a picture of them and give the part number of the ones you have?

8) Steve

·
Registered
465 Posts
[/color] Just talked to the GM parts department about the mudflap issue aand asked why Acadia and Enclave have molded GM mudflaps and if Chevy was going to get some for the Traverse. So they phone GM accessories head office about it and they are NOT going to build a molded mudflap for the Traverse , very sad :( and that no plans are made to produce them. The after market has no molded flaps except a stainless steel pair from Putco for $105/ pair ouch. I just might have to modify a flat pair of mudflaps to fit , alot of work i did it for my 08 Equinox.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts