Traverse Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone pay the extra $$ to get the accessory Splash Guards added? I thought about them, but, looking at the plastic cladding on the lower part of the Traverse---especially where it flares behind the front and rear wheel openings---I'm unclear what I would gain from spending another $160 for the optional Splash Guards.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had them on my GMC Envoy, but on the Traverse it just doesn't seem beneficial. Might need to watch for wear and tear to see how the rockers hold up without.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I sure wish I did. Not sure where you are from, but, I am in Canada and when we had our first slushy snow fall, there was heavy heavy build up of slush that later turned to ice on the lower door panels between the front and rear wheels. This was especially bad directly in front of the rear wheel. I always ask for splash guards to be added to any vehicle I buy and this time I didn't because I noticed that it appeared on the Traverse to have them already kinda there, my opps. I am now thinking of getting step bars or splash guards installed to prevent this.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe that's where they go -- in front of the wheel wells? Not likely -- that might look presentable on the back, but definitely not on the front. I'm still confused as to how they work any better than the stock moldings, but I sympathize with your problem in snowy Canada.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The standard ones don't stick out far enough. Stand at the front or back and see how far the tires stick out. I couldn't find any grey (I think that plastic color is called "stone") so I got black and sprayed them with grey primer. It's not a perfect match but better than black and I'll fine tune it when it gets warmer. I'm sure with out them the paint would be gone where it flares out in front of the back wheel. PA, winter, anti-skid = chip, chip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts