Traverse Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Anyone gone through the process of changing out the spark plugs on a 2nd gen yet? Got a 2018 that my wife puts miles on like crazy, so just hit 85k on it this week. Thinking about doing a spark plug swap and was hoping someone has some intel on this procedure. Searched the forum already, so unless I'm stupid, which is certainly possible, I'm not thinking anyone has put much info out there yet on this topic.

On a somewhat related note, came across the following listing that claims to be a Traverse 2018-2019 Factory Workshop Manual on CD for $35. Anyone know of anyone who took the bait on this, and if so, is it legit or just garbage?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 High Country
703 Posts
Probably a poor knockoff. Here's a hint, who in the USA use's the term ''workshop'' when referencing a service manual.

·
Registered
1 Posts
dont know about the spark plug change, but i bought those manuals for an 17 Terrain and an 18 Acadia. the have a lot of information but are kind of difficult to navigate. and yes i would by them again. well worth the price.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Thinking about doing a spark plug swap and was hoping someone has some intel on this procedure.
If you watch the older Traverse videos on Youtube, the proceedure is much the same, just some of the parts look different like the air filter tract.
You have to pull the intake off to get to the rear plugs, which isnt has hard as it sounds. Also, go slowly and dont cross thread anything.

I use double irridium plugs in everything I own,but I think I will go with the Ruthenium when my 2020 3LT hits 85k miles. And since the rears are a pain to get to, I would swap the rear coils out too. Leave the OEM fronts in there, as they are easy to swap if the time comes where they need to.

85k sounds like a good time to do it. They say they are good for 100k, but i've seen enough times where if you wait untill 100k miles, the aluminum head threads, come out with the plugs!

When putting the new plugs in, I always put a dab of anti-seize on them,but be careful... A little dab is all they need!

Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Parallel

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi All,

Anyone gone through the process of changing out the spark plugs on a 2nd gen yet? Got a 2018 that my wife puts miles on like crazy, so just hit 85k on it this week. Thinking about doing a spark plug swap and was hoping someone has some intel on this procedure. Searched the forum already, so unless I'm stupid, which is certainly possible, I'm not thinking anyone has put much info out there yet on this topic.

On a somewhat related note, came across the following listing that claims to be a Traverse 2018-2019 Factory Workshop Manual on CD for $35. Anyone know of anyone who took the bait on this, and if so, is it legit or just garbage?

Thanks!
Here is the same shady guy, yet cheaper and you can presumably download immediately for just $22....

·
Registered
628 Posts
You dont need a manual, as you are just unbolting stuff and disconnecting electrial plugs.

Everything should be pretty straightforwards, and obvious..... The only thing you really need tech wise, is the intake manifold bolt torque spec.

·
Registered
202 Posts
GM recommends changing out the spark plugs at 97,000 miles which is an unusual number. With my Prius the spark plugs get changed at 120,000 miles. Don't ignore the plug wires which wear out with age and engine hours and not mileage. They can be checked with an Ohm meter to verify they are still OK to use. Even the ACDelco OEM plug wire set sells for $30 so one of those can't hurt and might help items as long as you are getting your hands dirty.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
hmmm, youd think that with 200+ post and a member since 2017-- he would know what ups with the Spark Plug wires on the Traverse.

Reactions: AlisoBob
1 - 10 of 10 Posts