Traverse Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't take a picture of it, but I noticed while our spare tire was off the car that it said "made in china" on the sidewall. Not sure I feel very good about that. Since it's an optional feature, I would have gladly paid $20 extra for a more reputable spare. Hopefully I won't have to use it. We have an 09 LT1.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,779 Posts
I would bet at least half the parts in the Traverse come from over sea's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
Is your's one of the smaller "donut" spare tires? If it is, it's only good for about 50 miles of use, then you need to replace it. So if you do use it, at least you can put what you want back in it's place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,572 Posts
Narg said:
Is your's one of the smaller "donut" spare tires? If it is, it's only good for about 50 miles of use, then you need to replace it. So if you do use it, at least you can put what you want back in it's place.
spares have improved--- the above statement was true- as thats what I had always believed of past do-nut tires..
On the Lambdas- the manual states the spares tread- is good for up to 3000 miles.... and can be driven up to 65 MPH.

So if you use it for 100 miles- its still good for more use--- assuming it wasnt damaged while being used as a spare.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
BigBlueTraverse said:
I would bet at least half the parts in the Traverse come from over sea's.
I'll take that bet.

The window sticker says that 65% of the parts content is US and Canada. Of the remaining 35%, most is probably Mexico.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,779 Posts
oldsfiesta1958 said:
I'll take that bet.

The window sticker says that 65% of the parts content is US and Canada. Of the remaining 35%, most is probably Mexico.
not the spare.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Or Chevrolet centre caps, but still $100 for Chinese plastic with an American bow tie. Buy American...whatever.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top