Traverse Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When accelerating up hill my 2018 Traverse is making a rattling sound at low speeds. Youtube video:
Turn up the volume to hear. Can be heard at 10 mph, 25 mph, and 30 mph in this video. Any thoughts? The dealer initially changed the muffler. Then they reprogrammed the transmission and flushed the transmission. Did not help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a similar noise when I accelerate. Took it into the dealer and they said they didn't hear anything and there was nothing wrong. He also that the 2018 LT has a different exhaust, and that's what I was hearing. If anyone has any ideas on what it might be I would be interesting. If nothing is wrong, then it is mostly just annoying.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
627 Posts
Code scan will not detect a exhaust leak unless very bad. Visual on a lift is needed.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Traverse does the exact same thing. Did you ever figure out what is causing it. I have brought it in multiple times and they can never hear it or figure out the problem.
Thanks

When accelerating up hill my 2018 Traverse is making a rattling sound at low speeds. Youtube video:
Turn up the volume to hear. Can be heard at 10 mph, 25 mph, and 30 mph in this video. Any thoughts? The dealer initially changed the muffler. Then they reprogrammed the transmission and flushed the transmission. Did not help.
[/QUOTE

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Traverse does the exact same thing. Did you ever figure out what is causing it. I have brought it in multiple times and they can never hear it or figure out the problem.
Thanks
Unfortunately I did not. I took it in and they said they couldn't hear anything, which I found surprising, and that they would spend a ton of time just looking for an issue that wasn't there. I'm planning on taking it in to another dealer to see if they can do something about it because I am still under my warranty. I will updated if they find anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 Traverse and it also makes a similar noise at the same speed intervals. However, It only occurs once the transmission fluid reaches operating temperature. Noise is not present when cold. This has made detection at the dealer difficult, because they test at cold start and hear nothing, then relate to me there is no problem - frustrating. Very much interested if there have been any updates on this lately.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine just randomly started doing this the other day. Sounds like a race car or something but once im on the freeway or going that fast it stops. But ill be darned every time i push the gas when going low speed/city roads it does it. If anyone knows what it is..let me know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine just randomly started doing this the other day. Sounds like a race car or something but once im on the freeway or going that fast it stops. But ill be darned every time i push the gas when going low speed/city roads it does it. If anyone knows what it is..let me know.
I was experiencing something similar. Took it to the dealer and they told me the front exhaust flax (what the tech wrote on the bill - I think he meant FLEX) pipe was broken. $200 for the parts and $240 for labor. I was kinda bummed out because I thought that it should be covered by the warranty...Nope. The sound is gone though.

• Sad
Reactions: snobrdrdan
1 - 10 of 10 Posts