Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were driving back from San Francisco.
Stopped in Gilroy.
Went something like this.
I was in a store- and walked out- with a gentleman a few feet ahead of me.
As we walked back-- hes checking out my Traverse, walks past it- stops turns around and begins to look at the side/rear....

he sees that Im the owner and says.... Is this new? I had not seen this...Its very very nice!
I said- yeah- its based on the same platform as the Buick Enclave- and GMC acadia----
he said- Ive seen the Enclaves- theyre nice- but I dont like the headlight design-
He then walked around looking at the design- and said- well I like the lines on this one better.

We then parted ways-- he walked over to his shiny 735 BMW and drove off.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Haha. You know it looks good when your standing on the street, a Mercedes R class comes up, and you think its the Traverse xD

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've had several people come up to me and ask about it... what's surprising is that they know exactly what it is, they just want a closer look.

·
Registered
407 Posts
cmarcho said:
I've had several people come up to me and ask about it... what's surprising is that they know exactly what it is, they just want a closer look.
Not surprising....it's because Chevy is actually advertising it. As for the Enclave, I haven't seen an ad for quite some time. Saw an Acadia ad just the other day. It's just maddening that GM doesn't advertise a vehicle much past launch (usually....Acadia, the recent exception). However, when they DO put an ad on after the model has been out for a while, it's usually just to announce special rebates or finance/lease rates. I would like to see more ads explaining the features. Who cares if it's a repeat model, there might be someone who hasn't heard about it yet. However, FWIW...I think the new Traverse ads, with Howie Long, are the best...most memorable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7pXZ8M0NPU

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im still getting looks from people.
a few days ago at Costco- as I walked to my car- I saw a lady walking to hers- but staring at mine....she then said... Is this your car?
I said yes...
she then said VERY NICE.... and continued to walk/stare...

This morning- a couple on a morning walk- waiting at a corner to cross--- the man- turned did a double take when he saw me approach.
I didnt want to stare- but he was lookin over the vehicle.

Someone I know- saw me pull up to a restaurant- when I walked up- she said-- wow- new Lexus?
I smiled...
I didnt know if she was serious about calling it a lexus :eyebrow:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know what you mean!

I think the Traverse is the best looking of the "Lamda" platforms. I have gotten many looks on mine, and I have only had it 4 days....I had a parking lot stalker but he was to afraid to ask.

I happily sold my Jag for it, and our other car is a BMW. This is the first "American" car I have had since college when I bought my first car - a Grand AM (93' for those who are wondering).

Great design, superb ride, looks like GM hit a home run with this one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts