Traverse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WARNIING - IF RANTS OFFEND YOU PLEASE TURN AWAY AND PLUG YOUR EARS .
I was sitting at the doctors office and thinking that the old lady that was just leaving better not back into my car . Then the 15 years of
marriage " re - programming " by my wife kicked in and I thought " Hey , that' s not fair , just because that poor old lady looks like shes 120 years old , doesn ' t mean she is a bad driver ."

I ' m still super picky and profile cars that I park next to , and try to park next to nicer cars , cuz they are less likely to scratch their cars against mine . Not much choice when you go to a doctors office, and the only cars in the whole
parking lot are old beat up Buicks , and there is only one stall, and 3 minutes til your appointment .
So we leave the doctors office , and sure as crap, somebody backed into my Traverse.

I always do a walk around and check for stuff before I leave. ( Yeah , I know - super anal. ) Can I prove that it was the decrepit old hag ? No . No video cameras on the building, not even the common
courtesy of a note saying ;
"Dear sir, **** of a nice car you have there . So sorry I messed it up, but you can' t have my insurance information . - Signed The Phantom "

So the 15 years of marriage tells me it doesnt NECESSARILY mean that the old lady hit my car . It also tells me that people are generally
good , and stereotypes about old people , asian people, white people etc etc etc are wrong ).
But my continuing years of being a cop tells me the old lady most likely DID hit my car , and probably didn ' t even realize it . Probably didn ' t
even have insurance.

Creased the rear bumper by the license plate lamp . Unfixable , and shifted the whole bumper so the hitch cover doesn ' t fit anymore .

So , in case you have been wondering, a new bumper ,
and license plate light including labor will run you about $ 650 .00 unless they find bent crap underneath the bumper. Also not including the Tylenol to get rid of the headache. And yes , I am trying to work on my attitude , thank you
very much .

On the bright side, the shop ordered my bumper, then only took 3 hours to put it on, including a free wash and vacuum.

Sent from my Galaxy S using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Wow, that sounds exactly like my experience. Maybe the same lady. My bumper got pushed in, by the licence plate, and the licence plate light was smashed. The bumper didn't shift though.

The lady left a note on our windshield, and it went through insurance. The foam piece behind the bumper had to be replaced too. Mine was $980 Canadian through the dealership's body shop.

·
Registered
112 Posts
WHAT........ there are stereotypes about white people too?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Might as well chime in with a couple of my brand new car damage stories:

'89 Mitsubishi, brand new, about a month old. Drove it into my place of work, someone ahead of me lost a section of muffler pipe, I ended up driving over it with my driver's side tires, and because of it's angular shape it popped up and struck the driver's door near the keyhole. Tried to get my employer to fix it, but no dice. Lived with it for 13 years, refusing to pay the deductible to fix the dent.

Same car, was parked in a strip mall parking lot. Came back out to the car, noticed that someone had pushed in the very rear corner of the car. No paint damage, just a huge dimple-dent about the size of a fist and about an inch deep. Some kid probably kicked it in with the heel of his boot or whacked it with a rubber mallet as he walked by.

'02 Impala, brand new, about a week old. Drove onto a driveway of a new construction house (to view the property). Backing out, unfamiliar with the driveway, I kind of lost track of the narrow concrete path down the steep incline. Piece of rebar sticking out of the ground scraped the lower quarter panel!

Longtime neighbor with drinking problem slid on snowy street into my father's driver's door leaving a basketball-sized dent. Never admitted it. Same guy also side-swiped my sister's brand new Odyssey. Again, never admitted it. Decent guy, just has a problem with alcohol. Got a taste of his own medicine 3 years ago when his street-parked Toyota Camry was totaled in broad daylight while he sat in a Dunkin Donuts drinking coffee (at least he wasn't drinking alcohol that time)

Not sure I would bother to fix the damage so quickly. Isn't the insurance company going to hold that against you? The line I've heard before is: "once you file a claim, you are a risk to file additional claims, so your rate must be increased". Progressive told me this after I filed a HAIL DAMAGE claim 10 years ago. Couldn't believe it. Hail damage is an act of God and purely statistical. Insurance should cover this without complaint. Needless to say, I dumped Progressive on my next renewal.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Somebody hit my baby :-(

I have allstate. They only use it against you if you use the liability or comprehensive coverage. I seem to have bad luck being around bad drivers. Had 4 accidents in the last 5 years. Always somebody else's fault, and my rates have not increased, they have actually gone down as I get older. Just sucks to have to pay the deductible.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Sorry to hear about your baby. That's why I have a $100 comprehensive deductible.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Yeah, I've been thinking about having it lowered.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I think it makes perfect sense that because you past your test at age 16, you can still drive at age 95.... I mean, why not :eek:hno:

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
guy around the corner has a Traverse too... I ran by it today and noticed someone backed into him too...
Slight damage..... bent/creased the lamp area.... sucks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Tiestosteele said:
I think it makes perfect sense that because you past your test at age 16, you can still drive at age 95.... I mean, why not :eek:hno:
Not sure if they even had road tests back then for your license, but someone 95 probably took their test in something like this :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Quantum...that is pretty much where I got hit. That's a little worse than mine was. My guess is they had to replace the under pinnings on yours..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts