1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
hmmmmmmm
Very interesting...

an interesting tidbit...

High-pressure, engine-driven fuel pump with stainless steel fuel rails--

I knew it was high pressure..... but engine driven? is there no pump in the tank?

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
found the answer...

High-pressure engine-driven fuel pump for multiple injection events
To overcome the higher pressures inside the combustion chamber, as well as supply the multiple injection points of the direct injection nozzles, an engine-driven high-pressure pump supplies fuel to the injectors. This variable pressure high-pressure pump feeds a high-strength stainless steel fuel rail that is attached to the injectors. The high-pressure pump is supplied by a conventional fuel pump mounted in the fuel tank. The high-pressure pump can supply up to 1,740 psi (120 bar) of pressure, although delivered pressure is dependent upon fuel demand and engine speed. For example, at idle, the fuel system is regulated to about 508 psi (35 bar) and increases with demand. The high-pressure pump is mounted on the end of the cylinder head and is driven by the exhaust cam.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
. In tandem with the dramatic 25-percent reduction in cold-start hydrocarbon emissions brought on by direct-injection, the 3.6-liter V-6 VVT DI surpasses all emissions mandates, and does so without complex, weight-increasing emissions control systems such as EGR and air injection reaction (AIR).

so theres no AIR pump on this engine it seems...??
The AIR pumps on the Trailblazers were known to fail because moisture would get into the lines via a valve-- and condense in the pump--
some would access the pump only to let a bunch of water come out...
sometimes the valve would rust causing the CEL to come on.
The AIR pump also caused alot of complaints from Trailblazer owners in that it was noisy at startup... and would cause light flickering when it turned off...

So we shouldnt see this on the traverse..

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
The spark plugs incorporate precious metal electrodes that allow a service life of 100,000 miles without degradation in spark plug performance. The plugs are easy to remove because they are located in the center of the cam cover. Extended life coolant retains its cooling and corrosion-inhibiting properties for 100,000 miles in normal use. The accessory-drive belt was specified primarily for low-noise operation, yet it is manufactured from EPDM rather than neoprene and should last the same 100,000 miles before replacement is recommended. The oil filter requires only element replacement, and it's designed to virtually eliminate spillage when the cartridge is removed

Spark plugs-- 100K- nice--- the ones on my Trailblazer were changed at 100K... its nice to go long before changes- well see if the spark plug change can be done by the weekend mechanic in us...

Extended life coolant-- 100K. cool.... But in the Trailblazers- it was rated for 5 yrs- 150,000 miles...... UPDATE--- just checked my 2010 manual- and it says coolant is 5 yr or 150,000 miles....
I like dexcool-- I changed the dexcool in my Trailblazer at about 134,000 and the coolant passages were CLEAN!!!

belt-- well see if they do last 100K...
Oil spillage--- well see when I do my 1st...

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Low maintenance
The 6T70/75 is filled for life with DEXRON-VI premium fluid, which during normal use need not be replaced. DEXRON-VI is validated to improve durability and shift stability over the life of the transmission. DEXRON VI, was developed to have a more consistent viscosity profile; a more consistent shift performance in extreme conditions; and less degradation over time. Internal GM tests have demonstrated DEXRON VI delivers more than twice the durability and stability in friction tests compared to existing fluids. The DEXRON-VI fluid was designed specifically and validated for the new family of GM six-speed automatic transmissions.

hmmmm- appears that transmission flushes at 30,000 miles at quick lube places are out of the question....

·
Registered
994 Posts
rbarrios said:
The oil filter requires only element replacement, and it's designed to virtually eliminate spillage when the cartridge is removed
So not true.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts