Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 HONDA Odyssey looking for a suv/crossover. I love the reliabilty of Honda but the size of the Traverse. Would you buy the traverse again??? I'm on the fence between the reliable Honda Pilot and the size of the Traverse. Any info would be great.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
VinnyNYC said:
I have a 2004 HONDA Odyssey looking for a suv/crossover. I love the reliabilty of Honda but the size of the Traverse. Would you buy the traverse again??? I'm on the fence between the reliable Honda Pilot and the size of the Traverse. Any info would be great.
I had a (new ) 2002 TrailBlazer 4x4 before this Traverse. Although the TrailBlazer is smaller, I would have a 2010 TB, if they were not discontinued.

Bob

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
I would...
I have no problem with GM.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Before buying our Traverse, we test drove 2 Pilots. The EX and Touring. Personally I find the ride in the Pilot more connected. Meaning its smooth but you feel like you are in control. But the pilot is small, impracticle, and hard to drive. Im 5'9" and the front seats are too thin. Plus getting into the third row I found hard.

Haha but besides my rambling

I would gladly buy a Traverse again. Just not the trim level we currently have

·
Registered
31 Posts
Definitely. We've had our Traverse over a year now with over 16K miles driving the kids around. The only problem we've had is an occasional very minor rubbing sound/feeling in the steering column. Barely audible, so we're not even planning on bringing it in yet. DIY oil changes are also a bit of a pain, due to the location of the filter. Rides great, for a crossover. Gets the rated MPGs (after some break in). No leaks from the sunroof. Fits the 4 kids and their stuff just fine. No creaks or rattles. It's been a very good vehicle for us so far.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sure would. I had two Trailblazers but I must say I like the Traverse 2009 AWD much better. I only have 4500 miles and the only thing
I can fine is sometimes the shutter in the steering wheel I ask the dealer and didn't know what to do.It comes and goes but mostly at low speeds. But aside from that it's a real nice car. I have just diven in snow and it does the job. Yeah Sure would.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes I would, we have alot of snow and ice right now in Chicago and this AWD drives and grips very nice. I've owned two 4WD Suburbans before this Traverse and there is no comparing the ride comfort and the MPGs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
bobg1951chevy said:
I had a (new ) 2002 TrailBlazer 4x4 before this Traverse. Although the TrailBlazer is smaller, I would have a 2010 TB, if they were not discontinued.

Bob
I have to agree with you (bobg1951). I just traded my 2002 Trailblazer LTZ for a 2010 Traverse but I would have preferred another TB.

·
Registered
312 Posts
You know, I admit to having a little buyer's remorse after buying the Traverse, i.e. wishing I had shopped until I found an 09 Enclave at year-end pricing as I did with the Traverse. But now, I've grown to really appreciate the Traverse.

The thing that really did it for me was when my Traverse spent three days in the shop recently and I was given an 09 GMC Yukon SLT to drive. Man, there is no comparison between the Yukon and the Traverse. The Traverse feels peppier, more solid, is much smoother and quieter, handles much better, gets way better gas mileage, and actually has more useable interior space. I was relieved to get my Traverse back and only hope that it stays reliable so I'm not without it again.

I'm a former Tahoe driver, but it seems to me now that the truck-based SUVs are old school in every way and the new models---Lambdas included---are more modern, more advanced, more capable cars for the future.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I owned a Chevy Avalanche and a Yukon before I bought the Traverse. I like the Traverse best, for all the reasons above.

I just drove back to the Toronto area from Pittsburgh (watched the Leafs BEAT the Penguins), and I had enough gas in the tank to go another 90 miles. When I did the same trip in the Yukon, I would be running on empty, and it holds 4 more gallons than the Traverse. :beer:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Quantum said:
WHAT?!?! The Leaf's won?? ;)
I know, I know...........I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it with my own eyes! :party:

·
Registered
14 Posts
:thumb:

**** yeah! Just got done with a 3000 mile holiday road trip that we bought the Traverse for (aka "Man Van" as the wife has named it). Oklahoma, Texas (boo), New Mexico, Arizona, California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas (still sux), Home....... FLAWLESS!

No offense to any Tejas people. Great trip - better ride!!!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
yeah but i would have seached harder for one with the tow package as i assumed i could just add a hitch to toy my ATV's / Sleds just fine. Still just right around 2k lbs but it annoys me that the dealer didn't tell me things that i should have checked up on first when i talked about them in the deal.

·
Registered
551 Posts
In a heartbeat, I love the Traverse. For me personally I looked around and could not find anything I liked better.... The Enclave was an option, but my grandma drives one, and I just got back from Florida where millions of old, slow, driving elder live with buicks! :angel: The Tahoe was also an option, but was more in price, less gas mileage, too big with less usable space, IMO. Looked at ford flex but didnt like the box style, also looked at and liked the edge but not NEARLY as nice and a new model comes out 2011. Same goes for MKX as it is basically an edge. The SRX is nice, too small, could get one for the same price but not as many options. The enquinox is nice, but again too small. The new GMC was not out so I didnt drive it, but again too small and box shaped for me. That's what I looked at and bought the Traverse, love it.

As for a Honda. :angryfire: well, I am American and drive American.... nuff said.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes, but LTZ next time.

I drove the Pilot and liked it very much but felt the Traverse was bigger and got a much better deal.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Intotheoh - you should sure be thankful you got the Moss Green color. It's very sharp and rare, and, I believe, discontinued for 2010. You're lucky to have it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Absolutely. I continue to see other Lambdas on the road and I still say my Traverse is the best looking of them all. Rear visibility would be an issue without the sensors, with them I find the camera is superfluous. Ask again in a few years. If I get persistent squeaks or other NVH issues I will be less impressed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It's hard to beat the space in the traverse. If they fixed the transmission shifting issues so it would shift smoother, then I would probably buy it again. However, if the Trailblazer was still available, I would have bought that instead, as someone else stated earlier. I loved the straight 6 engine. Was really powerful.

- Joe

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
mihalich said:
It's hard to beat the space in the traverse. If they fixed the transmission shifting issues so it would shift smoother, then I would probably buy it again. However, if the Trailblazer was still available, I would have bought that instead, as someone else stated earlier. I loved the straight 6 engine. Was really powerful.

- Joe
You share my thoughts on the TrailBlazer, even though interior space on the TB is somewhat less.

Bob

1 - 20 of 25 Posts