Traverse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we are into October with temps starting to drop has anyone yet got that warning on their DIC i.e. something like...ice warning so drive with caution.

[I mention this now as the forecast for my neck of the woods is a temperature of about 37 F tonight and early tomorrow morning...brrr.]

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Interesting question. Lets see who.
But not likely in Los Angeles.
Though- I did get it last year 1 time.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rbarrios said:
Interesting question. Lets see who.
Although there has to be some Lambda owner, registered on one of these forums, that has already seen this DIC pop-up in September 2010!

·
Registered
465 Posts

With the warm weather we are having here the past six days odds are againist my area, my be in a couple of days for DIC ice warning.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hasnt Calgary had some snow in September?

·
Registered
79 Posts
copperbeech said:
LOL They get ice every month of the year don't they? I've been there in June when it was snowing and I saw the pictures from the hail storms they had this summer.

·
Registered
465 Posts
copperbeech said:
Not this year it's been a below average temps the whole spring and summer , no snow yet but all the leaves have fallen and snow is not far behind.

I have seen snow here in every month of the year , native Calgarian ,so it can and does happen, been here done that. :sosad:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Got it yesterday morning here in Cincinnati, it was 34 degrees according to the car. I did not know the car would warn me lol. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
coreseller said:
Got it yesterday morning here in Cincinnati, it was 34 degrees according to the car. I did not know the car would warn me lol. :cheers:
Same up here!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Got the first snow fall of the year :eek:

·
Registered
312 Posts
We actually got snow twice last winter including February 12 where DFW Airport recorded 12.5 inches accumulation setting a 32 year record for snowfall. (http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-02-12/dallas-fort-worth-area-may-receive-8-inches-of-snow-update1-.html)

Through all that, my Traverse never one time mentioned that ice might be possible. I'm thinking it was in denial. I know I was.

Oh well, that's Global Cooling for you. I wonder how long before climate change wackos start fretting that they've turned the thermostat too far the other way. (Sorry for getting political.)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I actually had an Ice Warning Oct 19th... while going down my driveway
Seattle area (Monroe WA)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts