Traverse Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;) I know this is not much Snow if your up north but in Virginia Beach 6 to 8 inches is a good bit

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:angel: Here are a some more

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
What is real bad is I live in southern Ontario Canada and you have now had more snow then we have had this winter.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This has been are only snow this winter and that's normally we are lucky if we get any. But that good with me I’m originally from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania so I could do with out it but once or twice a year I can live with.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not to be pickey, but that sure doesn't look like 6 to 8 inches of snow. Maybe two.

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
BigBlueTraverse said:
What is real bad is I live in southern Ontario Canada and you have now had more snow then we have had this winter.
BigBlueTraverse where in Southern Ontario are you? We got whalloped with snow in January. I'm in Niagara Falls, and we got almost 2 feet over 4 days! It was the light fluffy lake effect stuff though. But right now it is pretty dismal. We have about 6" in our front yard, but my parents in Niagara-on-the-Lake only have a dusting.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was ony around 4" at the time It by the end of the day we had 8 1/2" I took the picture before we started cleaning up the mess.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Quantum said:
BigBlueTraverse where in Southern Ontario are you? We got whalloped with snow in January. I'm in Niagara Falls, and we got almost 2 feet over 4 days! It was the light fluffy lake effect stuff though. But right now it is pretty dismal. We have about 6" in our front yard, but my parents in Niagara-on-the-Lake only have a dusting.
Kingsville we only had a few inches from the same storm that nailed you. We have been missed by every storm this year.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:help: Hey I just finished shoveling off the Drive way (Not Fun) at least the sun came out today helping to melt some of this. Tomorrow should be a real joy people around here are not used to snow at all so with the slush on the roads today it will be ice tomorrow. That is the biggest thing that this area just don’t have the equipment to keep the roads clear with only getting snow one or twice a year they don’t spent the money on the equipment to keep the streets clear.

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
You can have some of our equipment! :) Like BigBlue said, we aren't getting nearly the snow we normally get. But we have all that manpower just sitting around doing nothing, and getting paid for it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
;) My self I could just do without the snow and that would be just fine with me.

·
Registered
417 Posts
We just got over an 8 inch snow storm that was preceded by 1 inch of freezing rain. YUCK! Nothing like a bed of thick ice topped by snow to make the commute super fun. :eek:

All I can say is I now LOVE my AWD Traverse! This SUV was flawless in handling this type of road conditions. I wish I had taken pictures, as this snow was the super sticky type that blanketed by Traverse so much it looked like a snow only car with nothing under it. Kinda cool looking.

We also bought my wife an Equinox this weekend, FWD only though, but it still did very nicely in this mess. Both of our new Chevy's are white, so side by side it looks really nice like a "his and hers" set of cars. :thumb:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Narg said:
. Both of our new Chevy's are white, so side by side it looks really nice like a "his and hers" set of cars. :thumb:
:worthless:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:eyebrow: Heck the only pictures I took were the ones in the morning when it was only around 3” or so. The sun has been out and in Virginia Beach snow normally don’t last one to two day’s although there is still a good bit on the yards it due to rain today and my hope is it will be mostly gone. But I am sure I was not the only one to take pictures.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts