Traverse Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had sirius backseat tv installed in whatever car my wife has had since it came out. It has become an absolute necessity in our car to keep the kids from killing each other. It's pretty easy to wire, and only needs power, ground and a 12 ignition controlled signal in addition to the antennas and video output.

However, I'm having fits getting it going in the traverse. I ran power and ground from the batter to under the front passenger seat (very easy since it's right there under the carpet), ran the remote to the front console and the antenna wires under the carpet up to the rear headliner and to the roof through the rubber gasket. Simple so far, right? I've seen a bunch of posts on here about where to grab a switchable 12v wire under front passenger kick panel and have tried the green wire and the pink one. In both cases, the satellite tv turns on about 90 percent of the time. The other 10 percent, it doesn't work. This is killing me and has to be related to the signal wire because the others are basically idiot proof.

Anyone have any ideas on a better way to do this? I'm running out of patience and there is a good chance I'm bringing this to a local stereo shop to fix.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,174 Posts
Since you say this works most of the time, but not always, have you checked to make sure all connections are completed correctly? I know this sounds like a duh, but a bad connection, or ground may cause this problem. Also, are there any specifics that you notice when this doesn't work, compared to when it does? Weather, Passenger in the passenger front seat, Other components on/off?
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top