Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced the single exhaust tip on rear muffler, with a after market muffler and turned down exhaust tip?

·
Registered
31 Posts
bought the factory daul exhaust was total bolt in even came with hangers just have to modify bumper cover

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aerochev said:
bought the factory daul exhaust was total bolt in even came with hangers just have to modify bumper cover
Did you cut the bottom of the bumper so exhaust tip would fit and how much did GM charge?

·
Registered
31 Posts
bought system from Palm Chevrolet in Florida with shipping $471.00 shipped to NC Had to cut plastic out in semi circle as I installed I just cut to fit You could always buy a LTZ bumper cover but that adds another $197.00

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
by the way--
The Mexican sold Traverse's -- the SINGLE exhaust model--- has the exhaust cut out-- and chrome tip...
Must be to make it fancier in the mexican market... (checkout the posted prices I put on that thread)...

see this thread--- its the 1st pic..

http://www.traverseforum.com/index.php?topic=1055.0

·
Registered
104 Posts
aerochev said:

is your splitter smashed and looks like it would be very restricted? our dual looks that way and its factory

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did yours have the back up sensors in the lower panel of the bumper, if so the LTZ dual outlet lower bumper piece should fit

but it must be more than $ 200 for it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine has backup sensors Hendricks Chevrolet sells at discount on line You do have to pay shipping I cut mine out looks good Have not been able to download pictures to this sight if interested at what it looks like email me and I will send you pictures [email protected] :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hope the lower piece will come off without having to remove the whole bumper. I had to do to replace the same lower plastic in my old 08 Equinox

what a pain, hope the fastner screws can be reach from under the bumper I don't think they can be.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just looked under the bumper looks like the fasteners are hidden so whole bumper removely is a must so I'am

going to rethink the dual exhaust , I might just replace the rear muffler with after market so I can get that Mexican

version look with single exhaust tip quoted about 240 dollars. :cheers:

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
ohh-- so you actually got a price and part number for a Mexican Traverse rear bumper?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm just going to GM dealer to pick up some parts/ passenger mirror I damaged in the garage and some straight flat Chevy mud flaps.

I will ask if this lower bumper with single exhaust indent / right side, can be purchased up here in CDA.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Here's what I did. I sticks out a little further than the stock tip but not too far. I'm happy with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
hmmm-- I think that may stick out a little too much...
Any concern with you backing into something-- or a steep driveway-- and the tip hitting the ground?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Haven't had a problem so far.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
oh ok... may be the angle of the pic...

·
Registered
104 Posts
take a side shot. might help to see how far it sticks out