Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the sideview mirrors with the small blind zone mirrors are GREAT! (in dry weather).

on my other cars- I always put mirrors so that I can see the area where the rearview mirror leaves off-- in essence I have a large view behind and beside me...

with these little mirrors it does the same thing- and I love them....

It finally rained here in Los Angeles--- and I found that I had a hard time using my little mirrors...
The reason--- too many water drops/mist...
I found that along with the water drops/mist on the side glass.... theres also drops on the sideview mirror......... AND since the small mirror is inside a cavity and recessed and has the glass over it-- any drops that are on the glass-- are reflected on the small mirror--- so when you look at it youre actually seeing twice the droplets...

Im going to try to apply that stuff that makes water run off glass- as I have some at home- cant remember what its called...... apply it to the sideview mirrors and the side glass...
Hopefully that makes the mirrors easier to use.

It doesnt rain much here in California- but next time I know rain is coming- Ill apply the stuff and see if I can see better.

Anyone have similar experience.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Living in Seattle where it dumped today, I can safely answer yes! I think the product you are thinking about is Rain-X.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Use Aquapel instead it will outlast Rain-X for months, I have had it last for up to 9 months and work exceptionally well. I live in Michigan so we get plenty of rain. A couple of bonus are that ice does not stick as easily to the windshield or wherever you use it and your wipers last longer.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, Rain X is the one I was thinking off... I also have another similar product-
Ive had these for years- it doesnt rain too much- but like I said- if I know the rain is coming- I apply it to spots I know are hard to wipe or stay clear.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Aquapel is the way to go. Can be found in BJ's or costco now for a reasonable price. Last alot longer than Rainex.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is the costco version a huge bottle?
Not familiar with the BJ store...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Aquapel only comes in single applicators if you look on the web I found it by the case for a much better price through Amazon.com.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
rbarrios said:
is the costco version a huge bottle?
Not familiar with the BJ store...
BJ's would be compared to either Sams Club or Costco. I know BJ's is located in the east and southeast.

Bob

·
Registered
72 Posts
WalMart sells the rain-x window cleaner and rain repellant in reasonably sized bottles too.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I too love the convex mirrors. I used to put these on the trucks I owned before with aftermarket mirrors. The old Chevy truck mirrors had a great place to glue them on so they didn't block any of the regular mirror. The only thing that took me a while to get used to was that the convex mirror was on the outside of the mirror rather than inside (closer to the door). I think I'd rather have them there where I could see with them better. The closer a convex mirror is to your eyes, the easier they are to use. Plus having the extra mirror space farther out helps with backing. But still I love that this is a built in feature.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts