Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am having a problem with my side mirrors on a 2012 Traverse. The mirrors do not work at all. All fuses work, but there is no power to the switch that controls the mirrors at the door.

Any ideas on what to try next? Other than the fuses I can't figure out why there is no power to the door switch. I can't imagine the wiring being damaged. There is no apparent wiring damage. Is there another fuse outside of the main fuse block that I should know about? Is there a relay that the wiring may be associated with?

Any help would be great! Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
11,174 Posts
bad switch?

you take it out and test-- or take apart?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure if it is the switch. I havn't run a hot wire to it to test the switch.

There is not power to the switch though. The wiring is dead to the switch in the door. Thank you for the advice/tip though.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I've attached the wiring diagrams, they may help you. But the first thing I would do is disconnect the wiring connector from the door to the car. This connector is notorious for getting water in it. Make sure it's dry (or dry it out), then use some dielectric grease when you put it back together. Some folks have found one or more pins corroded so badly that they no longer provide contact. In this case, I would simply snip the wires on each side of the pin and connect them together with a butt splice. (The probability of you ever needing to remove the door are slim.)

Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've attached the wiring diagrams, they may help you. But the first thing I would do is disconnect the wiring connector from the door to the car. This connector is notorious for getting water in it. Make sure it's dry (or dry it out), then use some dielectric grease when you put it back together. Some folks have found one or more pins corroded so badly that they no longer provide contact. In this case, I would simply snip the wires on each side of the pin and connect them together with a butt splice. (The probability of you ever needing to remove the door are slim.)

Good luck.
I have checked all these connections and put grease on them but still don’t work

·
Registered
551 Posts
You stated that you replaced the mirrors. Where did you get the replacement mirrors. Both do not work? I had a 2008 which were intermittent. sometimes they just were jammed. I exercised them and freed them up.
Did you order the proper mirrors? Some have a memory option which are different than just the powered mirrors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts