Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I dunno 馃槙 exactly what but when I drive between 70 to 100 kmh and slightly apply gas, vehicle starts to shudder or vibrate and when i let off gas pedal it stops. I feel it more often than before.. Torque converter shudder? I changed spark plugs, and no problem with coils. I had my wheels alligned and balanced. And most importantly it starts when I had my transmission fluid drained and refilled first time at 140000 km, I had it drained again a few hundreds kms ago so that it may help but I get no result. I ordered shudder fix"" from ebay and waiting for that...

Registered
On Gen1's, two of them are oil-filled. If you see oil on it, it's toast. You can put it in Park and gun the engine and see how much the motor is moving.

There are 3 mounts. One is right in front of the engine. One is by the left front wheel. The last one is on the right rear side; IIRC, this is the non-oil one.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I put a tube of "Shudder fix" and it instantly went away, that means it is not a bad axle or motor mount or shaft and so on as all the mechanics I took the vehicle told me. It is a transmission issue and it is because of transmission fluid change. I will never change my transmission fluid if i buy another car. I hope it will never come back cos most of shudder fix"" users state that shudder comes back after a while.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
And one more thing; as soon as I put Shudder fix in my transmission, my gas mileage increased quickly. It was 18.5 mpg and now it is 24.2 mpg. Remarkable.馃

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Update; shudder or vibration went away but now my rpm needle jums up and down and i feel as if engine hesitates sometimes. Do u think i have to replace my torque converter?? if i go on this way, will i have to rebuild whole transmission?? it is too expensive to replace torque converter i dunno what to do.

Registered
Is the engine actually following the indicated rpms? That is, do you hear the engine increasing speed as the tach shows rpm increasing? Is the transmission shifting to another gear and causing the rpm to increase? Is the vehicle speed increasing as the rpm increases? Is the rpm increase but no gear change, ie, is torque converter slipping? Depending on what's happening besides rpm, it could be torque converter or transmission, but difficult to isolate without additional information.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
nothing strange about shifting. it shifts quite smoothly but especially at low speeds when i don't apply much throttle it starts to jump up and down nearly 1000 rpm. before i added shudder fix it used to shudder, now it is not vibrating but is worse. I think torque converter doesn't lock up because of "shudder fix".

Registered
Got it. I'm not a mechanic by any means, and I don't have the experience that many of the folks here have, but it sounds as though you hit it with that description. I agree, it appears the torque converter isn't locking up. Maybe a multi-stage fluid drain/fluid replacement would get the "shudder fix" out of the system and possibly eliminate the current issue; then again it may have caused a permanent condition in the torque converter. Personally, I'd give it a try. Less expensive than jumping immediately to trans removal and torque converter replacement. I'm sure others will chime in with ideas as well. Good luck!

Reactions: timon0882
1 - 10 of 10 Posts