Traverse Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2013 LTZ and just crossed 124000 miles. All scheduled maintenance has been performed by myself with the exception of the spark plugs and trans flush. So far it has been a fairly reliable vehicle and the only real issue was the alternator and battery dying on a road trip. I replaced the front and rear brake rotors with crossed drilled vented ones with ceramic pads which did help a bit on the stopping - still think the brake system is weak. The 20 inch tires get flat spots after sitting for even a weekend and need a couple of miles to stop the thumping. Roads trips to San Antonio, Detroit, Philly, Jacksonville FL from Charlotte NC all went well with smooth sailing. AS I mentioned earlier a short trip to Raleigh ended with a battery and alt replacement ~ 112K miles. I replaced both front/rear axles, bearings, shocks, struts, rotors, pads etc same time the Alt went out. I work for a company that manufactures the front & rear drive units and clutches with a sister division that produces the drive shafts which helps understand how it all works. Hope this helps

·
Registered
191 Posts
Check on carcomplaints.com and similar websites for information about this car and particular model year. If a seller cannot provide me with all the maintenance and repair records I would walk away, same goes for buying from a car dealer. In general the most reliable SUV's have been ones produced by Toyota and Honda (avoid the Honda Pilot models with their transmission problems).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I found a 2013 gray LTZ that fits all the requirements I’m looking for as my primary family suv.

It has 123k miles, clean title and CarFax. Doesn’t look like it has had any major maintenance done other than routine oil and tires.

I’ve read hundreds of reviews and forums and I’m still mixed on reliability overall for this model year. Do you think it’s a good buy if I can get it for 10k? Any issues I should I ask the dealer about?

tha
No. Run away without any consistent service records. No rust on our 2012, but we’re in CA.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes I did. 13,900 is the average price
Wow, in Chesapeake, VA it would have to be in excellent condition for $10K tops. And there is no excellent condition on a 7-8 year old truck with high miles.

KBB here is around $7,800 WITHOUT the oil pan problem...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am going to give the answer I think you are wanting to hear and that is YES! Oil leaks are a natural part of life and since you are willing to get them fixed and there is no other issues I would think that would be fine. Do you get any type of warranty, even 30 days?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I found a 2013 gray LTZ that fits all the requirements I’m looking for as my primary family suv.

It has 123k miles, clean title and CarFax. Doesn’t look like it has had any major maintenance done other than routine oil and tires.

I’ve read hundreds of reviews and forums and I’m still mixed on reliability overall for this model year. Do you think it’s a good buy if I can get it for 10k? Any issues I should I ask the dealer about?

tha
I wouldn't buy it if I were you. I have a 2013 traverse myself and I've spend lots of money fixing it to be honest. Only 50,000 miles and it giving me a lot of issues.
Hi everyone,

I have a 2013 traverse, 50000miles on it and it's been a pain in my but dealing with this brand. A lots of issue, spend almost 7000 for the fix 4 month ago and still trying to deal with some. The dealer are ripping of my money. So, I bought a Toyota for my family.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts