Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago my o2 sensor went bad, I took it in to the dealer for replacement and I had them do an oil change while it was there. When I got home I checked the oil (like everyone should do) and noticed a part laying on top of the exhaust manifold.... Hmmm, what could it be??? Turns out to be a mounting pin for the wriring harness broken off of the valve cover, located just above the o2 sensor.. :(

I went back and showed them and they immediately ordered a new valve cover and it's scheduled to go in on Monday. From what I can see online, replacing the valve cover is no easy task... What else could go wrong or could they break or drop inside the engine? Now I'm wondering if it might be better to leave it alone versus let them do a major R&R just for a wire harness mounting pin. ???

What would you guys/gals do?

A

·
0 Posts
Re: Should I be worried??

FWIW; I would let them repair what they screwed up

I am a little surprised your o2 sensor was bad; what indication did you get that led you to this? I am assuming you got a CEL?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

CEL did come on, while going on vacation at 9pm in the middle of no where... The following morning we took it to the nearest dealer and they found code - P0030 00 HO2S Heater Control Circuit, which means the pre heater for the o2 senser went bad. They did not have one in stock and said it was safe to drive until I got home...

I'm thinkin the same about letting them do the repair.

A

·
0 Posts

Thanks for posting the code and verification; it can help others who may experience this issue

I modified the original subject line so those who search for oxygen sensors can find this thread easier

1 - 4 of 4 Posts