Traverse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took traverse to get an alingment and was told they could not do an alingment because the shocks were blown and needed replacement. Quoted $1100.

My question is anyone use ebay shocks? I cant find much details on them. I see a set 2front 2 rear for $187 and another set for $320 they both have the same part number and appear to be the same shocks/struts. But one says 09-2012 and the other says 09-2016.

Is there really any differences between the 1st gen and facelift?

Any guides with links? Im searching but no luck so far.

Im pretty bumbed out about this vehicle.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Rock Auto is my primary parts resource. Way more trustworthy on parts look up than Flea bay or Amazon or even the big box stores websites.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha yeah im going to order from 1a auto. I just watch their tutorial on youtube for the traverse install. Also their price for a set is just $269.95

I have used ebay shocks before and never had a problem. But maybe im a rare example. Not trying to find out in the traverse tho since kids are in it. The other car it was just me. Seems the hardest part of the install in the front is going to be removing the windshield wiper and the cowl. 😅.. Best part is i dont have to compress springs and all that. Direct swap.

1a auto Saving me 800 😁.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
yeah- the ready struts are nice- helps you avoid the spring compressing.
I Used a battery terminal puller to remove my wipers.
The job is relatively easy- front and back. especially if you have no rust on bolts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Took traverse to get an alingment and was told they could not do an alingment because the shocks were blown and needed replacement. Quoted $1100.

My question is anyone use ebay shocks? I cant find much details on them. I see a set 2front 2 rear for $187 and another set for $320 they both have the same part number and appear to be the same shocks/struts. But one says 09-2012 and the other says 09-2016.

Is there really any differences between the 1st gen and facelift?

Any guides with links? Im searching but no luck so far.

Im pretty bumbed out about this vehicle.
Yeah but use PayPal it’s the safer way to go and check there reviews before buying that’s what I do

·
Registered
540 Posts
What brand did you end up going with? I have used Bilstein and KYB in that past and prefer to use them if they are available. I do have a spring compressor so the ready struts mean 30 mins or so saved for me which I'm willing to spend if it means I can get the shocks I want.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks like Rock Auto only offers AC Delco for my '19..
Not that I should need any for quite a while though..

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'll bet they will have at least 3 or 4 brands, possibly different "quality" levels in some of the brands by the time you need to buy any. I guess I'll see what they have for my '14 now for S&G's.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Exactly what did they say needs replacement? Front Struts and rear shocks? That seems high for just rear shocks, for front struts, maybe, maybe not. Shop around. For all four, it's probably going rate. If it takes a mechanic on a lift 20 minutes to replace one rear shock, he is slow.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Exactly what did they say needs replacement? Front Struts and rear shocks? That seems high for just rear shocks, for front struts, maybe, maybe not. Shop around. For all four, it's probably going rate. If it takes a mechanic on a lift 20 minutes to replace one rear shock, he is slow.
The rear shocks should take $250 or less, including parts. The fronts are more complicated but they also have strut compressors that make the swapping of struts take 2 mins each.

I'm also a fan of having an alignment done when replacing the struts on that style suspension.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Aftermarket listings usually lag 2-3 yrs. as new vehicles are still in warranty unlike OEM suppliers like AC

1 - 12 of 12 Posts