Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Traverse purchased in June and I just noticed today that when shifting into second gear it seems like a hard shift. it is only when accelerating, I have not noticed anything when decelerating. I am going to take it in Monday for the service dept to look at. any advice or ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I don't have any suggestions, but I would love to hear what the solution is once your dealer sorts it out.

8)

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
bbmb1097 said:
I have a 2010 Traverse purchased in June and I just noticed today that when shifting into second gear it seems like a hard shift. it is only when accelerating, I have not noticed anything when decelerating. I am going to take it in Monday for the service dept to look at. any advice or ideas? Thanks.
The harder you accelerate, the firmer the shift ..... is that what you are speaking of ? if so, it is the nature of the tranny/computer combo.

Bob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drove it around last night and then this morning and did not notice it. Going to hold off on taking it in to see if I can replicate it. Maybe I was accelerating harder than I thought. I am OCD when it comes to my vehicles so it was probably me not the car. Thanks for the replies. Glad this forum is around to have the discussions.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Shifting in the these models of SUV from GM has been a topic of contention for a while. There have been transmission programming updates that remedy many of the shifting problems. Your dealer can do these updates on your Traverse if you ask them to do so. Some dealers say it doesn't need updating, but stick to your statement of "it shifts badly" and they'll program it whether it needs it or not. Might make a difference. Might not. Worth a try.

I read on the Buick Enclave that they "updated the transmission shifting to be more sporty". I'm wondering if that is programming only, and if it can be done to the Traverse.

A

·
0 Posts
Narg said:
I read on the Buick Enclave that they "updated the transmission shifting to be more sporty". I'm wondering if that is programming only, and if it can be done to the Traverse.
Most of the tranny software updates are Lambda wide

·
Registered
223 Posts
What does the reprogramming do for gas mileage.I think my milage is fine .16-17 city 22highway.I don't want to make it worse by changeing something.Shift on all cars are different ,the harder you push it the harder it will shift.Let the transmission do it's job.In some cases by changeing one thing ,something else gets changed ,and not for the better.

A

·
0 Posts
The latest update I had on my 07 Acadia stated that I would see a 1-2 mpg decrease and I had to approve that I wanted it done. I did and I haven't seen a decrease in mpg; that reprogram was installed over a year ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts