Traverse Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2011 Traverse LS that we got about 4 years ago. It has to go to the shop abour 4 times a year but we can't afford to replace it yet. The current issue that I can't figure out is that the lights next to the shifter only illuminate part of the time. I know that's got to be an easy enough fix but this model has carpet all the way up to the edge of the center console and I can't figure out how to access the underside of the shifter to fix the wiring. Any tips? Possibly with pictures?

In case anyone is wondering... the other issues we have is a constant rattling in the front end as it goes down the road (possible struts i suppose), brakes won't stop squealing even after pads and rotors replaced, windows don't respond quickly as they should when you hit the switches, and the charger/aux plugs at the bottom of the dash are loose to point of pulling out with the cords. Shoulda got the Highlander we were looking at

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Easy to remove the cover trim; not sure it will help you get to where you want to go. The cover trim is just clipped down. Pry up the trim starting at the rear, at the split at the storage hole. See below.
Car Motor vehicle Hood Gear shift Automotive design

This pic shows where the clips are:
Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I removed the piece as shown in the pictures but it still does not allow access to wiring I need to get to. If I could get the pieces off on either side of the shifter off I might be able to get to it but everything seems pretty solidly in place

1 - 5 of 5 Posts