Traverse Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2018 Traverse and been having problems with shifting to park! The light comes on "shift to park" You can not turn off the car without the beeping! If you get out of the car, the horn will keep honking and not be able to ;lock doors The car has been in for AC problems, transmission problems, and now the shifting problem! The first were covered by warranty, and now the shift to park is not covered at 39000 miles! There are many problems of this nature with many many Traverse and other Chevys vehicles! The internet is full of them! On our vehicle The dealership has contacted Chevy and they will pay PART of it, due to being out of warranty! We have to pay the difference! There is no recall and there are multiple cars(traverse and other Chevys) that are brought into dealerships on a weekly basis with the same problem! This should be stated as a definite problem and recalled! When there is that many problems! Very disappointed that they don't stand behind there product! Traverse has many problems and all them should be covered as many people have reported on them!
We have driven Chevys for 50 years+ and are now looking at Ford vehicles now!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
You are not alone for sure. One of the main reason I bought a 2017 model. I am always afraid to buy a new model that just been developped and the testing is done by the customers for flaws.

Reactions: Plymouthcranbrook

·
Registered
9 Posts
We have a 2018 Traverse and been having problems with shifting to park! The light comes on "shift to park" You can not turn off the car without the beeping! If you get out of the car, the horn will keep honking and not be able to ;lock doors The car has been in for AC problems, transmission problems, and now the shifting problem! The first were covered by warranty, and now the shift to park is not covered at 39000 miles! There are many problems of this nature with many many Traverse and other Chevys vehicles! The internet is full of them! On our vehicle The dealership has contacted Chevy and they will pay PART of it, due to being out of warranty! We have to pay the difference! There is no recall and there are multiple cars(traverse and other Chevys) that are brought into dealerships on a weekly basis with the same problem! This should be stated as a definite problem and recalled! When there is that many problems! Very disappointed that they don't stand behind there product! Traverse has many problems and all them should be covered as many people have reported on them!
Took my 2018 Traverse in last week, again, with the shift to park issue. Been doing it for 18 months on and off. Dealer said nothing could be done because I had 38,000 miles on it. Issue started at 20,000 miles but Dealer could not replicate when I brought it in at the time. Had pics and videos of the issue. Internet is full of 2nd gen Chevy Traverses with the shift to park issue.
Ended up trading my 2018 Traverse for a 2021 Traverse, so now the Dealer's used car department can deal with it on a Certified Used warranty return.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just had that problem fixed with a harness and interlock switch on my 2018 Premier. Supposedly a relatively common problem. Otherwise, mine has been pretty flawless.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yep, our new 2018 High Country was in the shop more days than at home its first year.
Replaced the wire harness, trans shifter, etc. (Shift to park), replaced the rear differential gears (Service AWD), parking brake sensors and a few other things from a half dozen service bulletins.

Before (or after) buying any GM vehicle I highly recommend doing homework through AC Delco's "3 day $20 Subscription" for Service Information - Campaigns & Bulletins from 1980 to present.

You can get it here (it's the exact same proprietary data the dealers get):

Reactions: Section9

·
Registered
1 Posts
So i have found that the issue is in the button on the shifter. Have not permanently fixed yet but the shift to park issue can be overcome by pressing the the shifter release on and letting it pop out a few times while in park. Seems to be a problem with a contact in the button itself. Thats how im getting by anyway

·
Registered
109 Posts
Same as Chico. It's rare I get the shift to park, but I just push in the button and release and the alarm goes away.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'll unnecessarily third what Chico said. Once you put the shifter into Park, click on the shifter button like 20-30 times and it'll turn off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts