Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may no explain well my problem, because of my English skills. Have a Traverse 2009 with 6000 miles, I bought in Mexico where I live and fell that the service is not the same here than US.

My wife is afraid of drive the Traverse sometime because, When the Trav is in an inclined street, if she doesn’t use both pedals she loses the control and the Traverse moves several meters backward, this happens even though is not necessary to use the emergency brake, for example leaving the garage it enters the inclined street, in which it changes from reverse to forward (D), the Trav seems to lose the control and it moves meters in which it manages to restrain, for that reason she no longer goes to places with inclined streets. For me it is as if there was an interval where the contact of the transmission with the motor is lost and the vehicle rolls as if it was in neutral, somebody has passed him this? What can I do? It’s a defect? Please any advice will be appreciated. Sorry by my English.

We live 4 hours from McAllen, TX, in Mexico side, I believe it’s better the check that problem (if it’s) in a USA dealer, right? :help:

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
The Traverse acts as if it were a vehicle with standard shift and a clutch. I know what you are experiencing, I have been told this is a "normal" condition for a Traverse.

bob

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
I think most people are used to having an automatic car- sort of hold the car in place while in a small incline....
I wonder if this is a characteristic of the 6 speeds.

Also you may notice that the vehicle has descent control on downhills .
Though I dont know what trim levels are offered in mexico.
I was looking at the mexican chevy website a few days ago and noticed that they offer 2 trim version--- and using a 10 peso per dollar conversion- the Mexican traverses appear a little more expensive. I think they were in the 40-42K range (US dollars).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rbarrios, you´re right cost me 489,000 pesos including the assist steps, it's expensive in this side, and the use to play with currency exchange....

Thanks Bob, they told me here that this is normal too.... This is my first American car and I happy with the Trav.......
Thanks

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
If im not mistaken- in mexico- when purchasing a car- they require a huge down payment...
Im tempted to say its something like 30% down?

Ive read mexican newspapers/magazines where I was surprissed at the huge down payment required.

(not like the US- where some people can get a vehicle for 0 down.).

Also noticed that the interest rate is pretty high- and currently the promo being run on the traverse in mexico (based on the chevy mexican website) is something like $8600 down, 15.95% interest rate for 48 months!!!!

the other offer is.... 35% down!!!, 6 months no interest, and I think 14.xx % interest rate thereafter...

Drcaribe- soy nacido on Guadalajara- pero vivo en los E.U desde un ano de edad... lla cumpli los 36.
Cuando voy a mexico- me gusta ver la variedad de autos que hay en mexico- notar las differencias en modelos de Chevrolet, Ford- en comparacion al mismo vehiculo en los E.U.

Al momento- no tengo una Traverse... ordene una del 2010- y me dijieron que se contruiria el 10-15 de agosto.
Este lunes 27 julio- la fabrica de Traverse- volvia a operar para contruir las 2010.

Felicidades en su 2009. me imagino que mucha gente se le queda viendo a su Traverse....
Aqui in los angeles- todavia no se ven muchas--- I eso que las estoy buscando......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are right about the down payment, it's huge and the interest rate depend on that. Paid 63% and get the rest in six months no interest. Traverse it's nice looking vehicle and good acceleration ......

Si te recomiendo que compre unas, a mi me fascina y me da gusto poder platicar con usted, yo soy Dominicano pero hace 7 años vivo en Mexico. Te mando un saludo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts