Traverse Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago, my '11 Traverse LS had a flat tire. I took it to a popular tire servicing store, and they replaced it. A day or two went by, and when I started down the road, a weird light clunking sound started, and then my my Stabilitrak/ Traction Control light came on. After the warning on the dash, the noise stops but the warnings remain. I've had no other issues like those listed elsewhere in this forum regarding this topic. When I of course took it back to the tire shop, they wanted $1,000 to fix what I'm fairly certain they mucked up, so I've been driving with it like this ever since. But now there is an added clunky sound when I go over bumps, very similar to the one when I begin driving each time. Could something down there be dislodged and banging around? Something that would set off the warnings on the dash, like a sensor perhaps?

·
Registered
621 Posts
What is it that they need to do for $1000? There are plenty of things which generate the Stabilitrack message, since you have a clunking noise, then maybe a wheel bearing is bad or a loose Wheel sensor. That price is high if they are replacing a wheel bearing, maybe high for a pair too. Get the specifics on the quote and post please.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts