Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY 2012 has been throwing the service stabiltrack/traction control off off and on for a while now. Took it to dealership and they said the o2 sensor needed replaced and also performed and oil change. A month later lights are back on. Car will turn engine off by itself while sitting still. A week later same warning but this time it says engine power reduced. Had to have it hauled to dealership. They again changed the oil 50 days after the last change. Drove it and it will actually drive now, but stabilitrack and traction contorl still.going off and on. Is there any ideas on what I can ask them to look at as they are at a loss and want me to come get my car after not fixing the problem. :(

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I'd try cleaning your throttle body before going any further. It's easy to do; don't need a dealer. Cold weather causes the crud that gets into the throttle body to freeze/gel causing the TB to not move easily. It's been known to bring up service stabilitrak message.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd try cleaning your throttle body before going any further. It's easy to do; don't need a dealer. Cold weather causes the crud that gets into the throttle body to freeze/gel causing the TB to not move easily. It's been known to bring up service stabilitrak message.

I appreciate your feed back. While I will have them do that. It has been doing this since September way before the cold weather. :(

·
Registered
814 Posts
Also, many sensors can cause this annoying message. Search past threads for a list, I will leave some out if I try to remember them all. How cold is it where you are? Cold temps do compound issues when you do have have a milkshake in your air intake snorkel and a dirty Throttle Body. Also Make sure that your brake fluid is good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, many sensors can cause this annoying message. Search past threads for a list, I will leave some out if I try to remember them all. How cold is it where you are? Cold temps do compound issues when you do have have a milkshake in your air intake snorkel and a dirty Throttle Body. Also Make sure that your brake fluid is good.
Thank you. I will check them out. Its been lowest of 20, but this has been happening since Sept. So high in 80's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts