Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today while driving through a construction zone I was forced onto rumble strips and after a few strips the lights on the dash went crazy with ABS and traction control lights and messages about steering assist, AWD and stabilitrac being offline. Anyone else experience this? Quick Google search suggested a wheel speed sensor being problematic. I powered off the vehicle a few times and it kept coming back, then after about 10 more minutes of driving it healed itself. Video of the error. Think I'm good or should I take it in?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Could be a loose wheel sensor or one that is going bad. Trouble is just the stabilitrack doesn't usually throw a code so you may not know which wheel. I had a terraza which usually threw an ABS code every now and then, usually when I hit the pothole in front of my driveway. Lived with it for months before I replaced the wheel bearing with the sensor built in.
First thing to check would be connections and clean the reluctor on each wheel. Was any work done the the vehicle recently where anything could have been disturbed?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last year it was involved in a minor crash but I don't think any work was done on any wheels, only cosmetic repairs. Once I get back I'll see if my obdlink can pull any historical codes.

·
Registered
768 Posts
B3109 I was thinking that was for a TPMS but it looks like its is the key less remote entry transmitter.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
93 Posts
Some of those U codes can be ''ghost'' codes. Leave the codes in, do not clear if it's going into the shop. If still in warranty take it in, may need a new RF hub/sensor or harness/connector repair, and you can't be BS'ed on what codes where set either.
The value of a good code reader if you fix it or a shop does you know what's going on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar experience on our 2018 at about 4000 miles. Went to start car, nothing, not even a click, but all the dash lights, windshield wipers, horn and headlights were going crazy. Could not get the emergency brake off or take it out of park. After no success talking to Chevrolet, we had it towed in. Dealer could find nothing wrong, as the battery had gone dead from all the lights, so the codes were gone.
They charged the battery and said everything was fine. I insisted that they keep the car a few days to check it out. After 3 days, it did it all again at the dealer. Wound up being a defective battery. Strange that everything would come on and nothing said bad battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts